Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Management in solution manager Vs. HP ALM

sanjana_lingras
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to know the advantages of test management module in SAP solution manager Vs HP QC.

What are the specific advantages we can present for test management over QC?

Regards,

Sanjana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our users on my site IT Central Station say they switched from IBM because "ALM is better than IBM" tools for testing so I would go with Vivek's options 1 or 2. I would use HP QC though--people really like it and say that not only can it "improve productivity," but also "the test execution and creation monitoring feature in Quality Center is one of the most advanced features available in industry. You can easily track the testing process as minute as test cases executed on a particular system." This user additionally looked at JIRA and Mantis as well but decided on HP QC.

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjana,

There are 3 different options fro Test Management using Solution Manager. HP QC is used in the Test Management Option 2. You can also avoid HPQC if you go for Test Option 1 (CBTA, ECATT, QTP..). The third option is to use IBM Rational tools for testing. All the info you are looking for is given in this wiki http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/SAP+Solution+Manager+WIKI+-+Test+Management

Regards,

Vivek