cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAdI For Modifying Table /AIN/DM_OBJ_CTX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm in a situation right now where we will receive PML messages from a non-SAP system and the PML messages will be sent to AII.  Normally, all additional attributes that come with an id in a PML message will be recorded in the table /AIN/DM_OBJ_CTX.  Unfortunately, the non-SAP system will be able to send in all required additional attributes except one, unit of measurement (UoM).  For this, we will need to tell AII to determine the UoM once it receives a PML message to be processed based on the product and GTIN (which will be received in the PML message) so that AII knows what UoM to be recorded in the table /AIN/DM_OBJ_CTX.

Question is: which BAdI should I modify to achieve this?  I can't seem to find the right BAdI for this and does that mean this is not achievable via BAdI modification?  It'd be great if any of you could shed some light on this.

Thanks and best regards,

Chin Hun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You must have a rule which process this PML when it is received by SAP AII. If you used a standard rule for this then what you can do is create a copy of this standard rule into a custom rule. Then add a custom activity whose class method can add the custom logic to find the UOM and update the context of the PML message.

Regards,

Bharat Vaka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Thanks a lot for your quick response.  Really appreciate that.

Anyway, your idea sounds pretty good to me and I guess it will most likely help in my case.  I'll give it a try and revert the outcome here later.  Cheers!

Best regards,

Chin Hun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bharat.  Things are looking good!

Answers (0)