SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Required SD amount not posting through bapi_ctracsecurity_create

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am using a customized process to post the required SD using bapi_ctracsecurity_create. But according to calculations there are certain cases where the required amount comes out to be a negative value( i.e there has to be refund) which are being ignored by bapi_ctracsecurity_create.

How to incorporate that in the customized Z process.

Thanks in advance!!

2 REPLIES 2

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Security deposit is something utility companies request from customers, why would there be a negative security deposit ? I don't think scenario exists.

thanks,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav

Adding to Vikram's reply above:

The BAPI you mentioned only creates a Security Deposit request (Bond) which can only be a customer debt. Also the security deposit request is a statistical item and never makes it into G/L, which is almost certainly another problem you're going to face.

So it's a very specific type of "posting" and, by the look of it, this clearly contradicts your posting requirements.

I assume you want to post a debit/credit financial transaction against a customer account in FICA. This can be done via BAPI function BAPI_CTRACDOCUMENT_CREATE.

Also, I strongly recommend you use this BAPI only after consulting with the FICA team to ensure the correct categorisation (document type, main/sub-transactions, G/L accounts etc.).

Yep

Jürgen