Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPC - Dynamic List - Link to the page of an wpc_article

former_member221786
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Im working with dynamic Lists to show a list view of my wpc_articles.

In the default settings the elements of the list have a link directly to an article. Therefor the property "contentLink" is used.

I wanna change this link to the page where an article is placed. So Im wondering:

Is there anyway to get the path of a page from the article instance e.g. a property like "parentString" or something like that?!

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Unfortunately the answer is no, the KM side of doesn't know about the page which runs it.

If it did then each article would have needed to save all of it's containing pages which was basically both cyclic dependensy and bloating the object for no reason.

HTH,

Saar

former_member221786
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer.

Guess i have to put everything I need in the article element so i do not need to show the page.

Another question occured to me while I was doing that:

When I navigate from a Dynamic List to an Element, it should be possible to navigate back and forth with the buttons I created using the history api.

Instead of the "<a href..." in the default dynamic list I created an onclick event. Right now im trying to navigate to the article with its guid and the method "EPCM.doNavigate(...)" but until know i haven't been able to get it done.

Is it even possible to reach that goal and in case it is am I on the right track or is there a better approach available?!

Thanks in advance...

Greetings,

former_member221786
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For anyone who is interested in this:

I created a Function in my custom Framework (Portal Application) and call it from the Dynamic List Layout via "parent.navigateToPage(id)".

My function navigateToPage calls the before mentioned method "EPCM.doNavigate(...)"

Greetings,

Answers (0)