cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Percentage using Calculated Measure in SAP BO Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

i have created BO Explorer upon .UNV which is upon BI Query. Now i need to calculate percentage in Explorer i.e (A/B)*100 where i have A and B measure in explorer. I tried to use calculated measure but that dint work. So can anyone tell me how this is possible in explorer.

Regards,

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alva,

For calculated formula, due to SBO Explorer's feature, I think the best way is to calculate this in the Front-End

For example A%B = A*100 / B, then you need to have two basic measure: A*100 and B

Create global calculated measure = A*100/B and no need to put two basic measure in to InfoSpace

I am not sure about how the final data format for UNV connection

But for BWA connection or HNA connection for BEx data, its in flattern mode I think which means even you could create this kind of measure like A%B, the result is still wrong

Best regards

Alex yang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitesh,

Many of us here have mentioned similar concerns with the limited calculations within Explorer.  I resolved to build the measure wherein (a/b)*100 as a measure within the data set in the business objects report. In my experience explorer produces best results using summary data from existing reports. This is not optimal but I hope it profides insight.