Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Open Text

former_member201354
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sorry about posting this discussion here because i didn't find open text in discussion area. So the relevant area that i found is ECM.

How is SAP Open Text in carrier wise?

Does SAP Open Text require a bit of ABAP knowledge ?

Does SAP Open text has any future?

Thanks & Regards,

Bob.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183148
Contributor

Hi Bob,

OT cannot be a full time career unless you are proficient in 2 or 3 modules of it along with SAP.

I personally believing that structured archiving will slow fade away with technology shift to HANA while others still continue growing stable.

Better decision would be mastering one area of SAP and pursue OT as add-on to it.

Please ask any question. Please Donot forget to close this thread(post).

Thanks,

Kolusu

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Hi Bob ,

SAP Open Text is good carrier wise but you cannot make career in Open Text without career in SAP.

For knowing Open Text , you need to know SAP first .

Yes. SAP Open Text requires knowledge of SAP ABAP and Workflow .Most of the time ABAP is used in implementing User Exits and BADIs while working with Open Text.

Open Text have good future , if you know Open Text , automatically you know about SAP Data archiving which is an emerging market now  as most of the companies is having SAP for many years now and to manage the daily growing data , more and more companies are going for Data Archiving solutions .

Hope this helps .

Thanks

Manik

robsonmq
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All, i am seeking an material open text customizing. I found, best practices, any templates about the process, but no one about customizing. Can you help me ? The SAP answer me that don´t have the course about it. Help pls. Rgs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Open Text is a product based company which will develop products of ERP by using SAP technologies like ABAP, Workflow...etc and other modules (FI,SD... etc).

They have products for example like VIM( Vendor Invoice Management) where they have automated the invoice processing.

Hope this helps you....

Regards

srujan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Open Text is a different product.

SAP is a different product.

If i am not wrong SAP tie up with Open Text for Document, Record Management as well arching data.

Some other service with Open Text is Vendor Invoice Management.SAP talks with OT with help of Object Oriented ABAP. Specially Class & Methods, Business Objects.So to work on SAP-OT we must have knowledge on OO ABAP. For Archiving, We need to write customized reports in SAP side.So surely we have knowledge in ABAP as well OO ABAP.

Open Text also tie up with Oracle, IBM. they developed their own tools with OT.

As long as SAP there, SAP-OT also have life. Career wise good.

Discussion Area: Enterprise Content Management. As of my knowledge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually OpenText is a product set that can standalone from SAP, so you could skill up in OpenText solutions.

If you do want to span the divide of processes from SAP and OpenText then it will help to know SAP processes that either produce or consume documents.

Asset management is very document intensive so start there.