Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NRO challenges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Two associated items-

1)

I plan to use NRO for Interchange Control and UNH Message Reference Number.

But the message Ref Number can occur multiple times in a single EDI file (multiple UNH in a single output EDI file) and has to be sequential.

Since we only generate constants in mapping and the NRO module replaces this constant, how can this be achieved.

2)

Also is there any lock obtained on the NRO object. Say, I use the same NRO constant for both Interchange Control Number in UNB and UNZ segments.

If there are parallel files or messages for the same interface (same NRO Object) - Is there a possibility that the control numbers in UNB and UNZ segments could be different as other parallel messages might have incremented the NRO object.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vishnu_prasadk
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudharshan,

• If the message Ref Number occurs multiple times you have to map the constant to those mapped fields in the mapping. This ensures that the NRO will update the constant in all the mentioned places. Plus if you need the NRO values to be sequential across the XIMessage then you have to use the parameter "multipleNumbersPerMessage" and set it to "true". This will replace each constant with unique values.

• Yes, NRO does acquire a lock on the object and update the values. It also ensures that the XIMessage will get the same NRO value. So if the first message is being processed a lock on the NRO object is obtained and the UNB and UNZ field values will be populated then the lock is released and the second message gets processed.

Let me know if you need any more clarity in this regard.

Regards,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Thanks for quoting the parameter. I will try that option.

But in the same interface say I have 2 NRO objects. eg

1) Interchange Control Reference Number - one sequence number per message

2) Message Reference Number - Multiple sequence numbers in the same message

The Interface will go though the same Module and there is only parameter common to those NRO objects.

Should this feature not be provided at NRO object level rather than as a Module Parameter.

How does that work.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

vishnu_prasadk
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudharshan,

The features are based on initial/know requirements. The particular scenario mentioned here was not taken into considered for the module parameter. So currently you can have either same or multiple messages per XIMessage for any NRO and it is specific to the XIMessage and not the NRO.

Regards,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please share any possibilities on below thread.

Regards,

Tibin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the past, I wrong 2 blogs about it. Perhaps you should check them out

Also, please do use different NRO objects for each different purpose.

In that case, there is no interference and uniqueness is guaranteed.

Kind regards,

Dimitri