cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our current ERP landscape is on ECC 6.0 SPS 15 (no EHP yet) and are planning to upgrade to EHP (latest release) next year.

We intended installing the Fiori add-on. For this, we installed a new NW 7.4 SR1 system (ABAP stack). To download the add-on, we looked up SAP Fiori through PAM. However, in the installation tab for FIORI ERP APPLICATIONS X2 1.0, we see five options as below:

Download Object
Title
SAPK-100AGINUIX02EA4UIX02EA4 100: Add-On Installation
SAPK-100AGINUIX02EAPUIX02EAP 100: Add-On Installation
SAPK-600AGINGBX02EAPGBX02EAP 600: Add-On Installation
SAPK-600AGINGBX02SAPGBX02SAP 600: Add-On Installation
SAPK-604AGINGBX02SA4GBX02SA4 604: Add-On Installation

I believe one of the above has to be installed via SAINT but we cannot determine which add-on is specific to our current landscape. I also read the following () but am still confused. In this context, I have the following queries:

- Can Fiori be installed on a simple ECC system or do we first have to upgrade to EHP?

- Please advise the specific add-on and relevant support packages which have to be installed for deployment of SAP Fiori.

Thanks and regards,

Amer.

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amer,

It depends on which app you need. 300+ apps are available.

Some apps run without EHP and some apps need EHP. You can find each app info in the App Catalog.

You can find UI component name in the App Catalog.

Please take a look step 1 of this.

SAP Fiori LL17 - SAP Fiori launchpad troubleshooting

Quick reference alos helps you.

SAP Fiori - Add-on quick reference for transactional apps

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thank you for your reply. I am really confused and will greatly appreciate your helping me out here.

Firstly, my NW 7.4 system is the front-end system on which Fiori central app has to be installed via SAINT? ... and ECC 6.0 is the back-end system?

Secondly, what is the difference between principal apps and transactional apps?

From our environment, we will most likely use only leave request, travel request and purchase order apps so my queries are only toward these at the moment. From the reference document, lets take the example of the below:

ERP-HCM -- Approve leave requests

ERP-TRV -- Approve travel requests

ERP-MM -- Approve purchase orders / requisitions

The UI for these apps are UIX01HCM, UIX01TRV and UIX01EAP respectively. These have to be installed on my front-end or back-end system?

Thanks a lot for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Amer.

PS: Also, according to SAP Note 1826531, there are only two add-ons released for NW 7.4 (ABAP) for which the minimum back-end version should be ECC 6.0 SPS 15.. These are:

- FIORI LEAVEREQCRE 1.0

- FIORI PURCHASECONTAPPR 1.0

This means that all of the rest can only be installed after upgrading the back-end ECC to EHP?

Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amer,

Please go ahead for installing UIX01HCM, UIX01TRV and UIX01EAP in the Frontend server(Gateway).

OData components are delivered by support packages or additional add-on components.

SAP Fiori - Add-on quick reference for transactional apps

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I have installed the below add-ons on my front end NW 7.4 system.

== FIORI ERP APPLICATIONS X1 1.0 ==

UIX01HCM

UIX01TRV

UIX01EAP

== FIORI APPROVE REQUESTS X1 ==

IW_PGW100

UIX01CA1 100

The installation and configuration guide states that UISRA* components (UI Add-ons) have to be installed on the front-end while the SRA* (OData for Business Suite) has to be installed on the back-end. I am able to find the support packages for both components but unable to find the installation add-ons for them. How do I install these packages?

Kind regards,

Amer.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amer,

UISRA* are no longer valid.

You can see this from Masa's above mentioned blog.

In the above blog, your system belongs to Group C.

Now that you have installed Frontend components, you need to search for backend components (those under the column 'Group C OData') based on the applications you want to configure.

As you can see some have separate backend components and some are delivered as part of Ehp. Cases where you have individual backend components you can install them right away. Wherever they are part of Ehps, you need Ehps for those apps.

Example:

All most all applications which have 'UIX01HCM' as front end components have a specific backend components. For 'Approve Timesheets' you need 'SRA010' in backend.

regards

Krishna

former_member208255
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

Can you please explain the difference between Principal and Transactional apps.

Thank you in advance,

Bhaskar N

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed Fiori UI*  and SR* components and activated all the SICF services but while testing services , we are getting HTTP 404 error.

We installed embedded gateway on ECC 6.0 EHP 6 but  our EA_XX components are  607.

Please help to resolve the issue.

Thanks in Advance

Chander Dubey

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chander,

Please create new discussion. Your issue is runtime error.

Start a discussion

Regards, Masa

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you go through this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Yes.. I have seen this reference document before but it lists old EHP and latest EHP. There is no mention of apps for standard ECC 6.0...