Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEB CHANNEL BUILDER NOT WORKING - HTTP ERROR 500

former_member186228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed and configured WCEM and MDM. And also connected to CRM server as backend. We are using follwoing versions,

WCEM - 3.0 (Netweavere 7.30 SP 7)

MDM 7.1 SP9

CRM 7.0 EHP 3

While starting web channel builder we are getting http error code 500. Please suggest how to resolve this issue. I am attaching log file.

Regards,

JIthin M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jithin

There is an issue, if it was at the right time, on the MDM side as the repository has not been mounted or MDM server has not been started. Could you confirm that this is working?

If it is, have you specified the correct repository and catalog?

Regards,

Brian

steffen_mueller3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are a lot of exceptions in the trace file. First question, did you enable HTTPS protocol? Second question, did you maintain the destination in NWA and tested them successfully?

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member186228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Steffen,

We have already enable https and also make connections to MDM and CRM server. Test result showing connection success.

Regards,

Jithin M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

before you can use the WCB, you have to setup all Destinations within the J2EE Administration (<server>/nwa).  You will find the list of all destinations within the configuration manual. Have you setup those and especially did you use the names as listed within the docs, when you say you did MDM & CRM already?

In your log file i see e.g.

JITHIN MOOLIYIL wrote:

ava.net.UnknownHostException: DUMMY_NAME

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:223)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:365)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:529)

at com.sap.mdm.internal.net.DataSocket.<init>(DataSocket.java:51)

or later on

com.sap.mdm.internal.protocol.manual.ServerException: The MDM repository has not been started (0xffab4111)

DUMMY_NAME does not look for me like a actual host name and have you correctly setup the MDM server before you are trying to connect?

Also this message seams to highlight another missing desintation

JITHIN MOOLIYIL wrote:

Destination SLD_Client not found

former_member186228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Andreas,

I have not created destination as DUMMY_NAME. I have create destinations WEC_DEFAULT for CRM server and WEC_MDM_DEFAULT for MDM server.

Thanks & regards,

Jithin m