cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fields Read-only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I need that the fields : Marital Status & Number of children can be modified by the employee.

The others fields need that appear read-only.

How can do this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your at which version EHP5 or EHP6 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using ehp6

I am using Webdynpro ABAP.

I am doing the following steps:

The system not show the fields for navigate to the view and modify it.

What are the steps for copy the service and assign this copy to my configuration?

Thanks

Regards

marc_augustin2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

please open a configuration in admin mode. Within the configuration, you can specify which parts are shown in your profile. So you could create a configuration that only shows bank accound and address.

The standard configuration will be HRESS_AC_PERSINFO.

If you open this in admin mode, the application will show some content and you can navigate to the services you want to change.

Regards,

Marc

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then no need of doing enhancement to standard applications.

You can control the individual fields as edit/read only.

Maintain the table V_T588MFPROPC for infotype 0002 for your country. In this table version = molga

Check the SAP standard entries in table V_T588MFPROPS and maintain in table V_T588MFPROPC as you required for individual fields as Edit/Read only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shankar

Thanks I have solved the issue with your suggestions.

Please can help with this requiremet in this iview:

I dont want that the enduser can upload his photos.

How can disable the option of upload photo, They only want display the photo.

I am doing the following configuration however the enduser can upload a new photo,

Thanks

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes this is the correct node .the above one ..and chk once in portal

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For photo upload disable with this configuration will not solve. This is for old Who's Who service i.e WDJAVA application.

in WDABAP, you need to do Enhancement to standard personal information application and remove the Photo upload component.

See below screen shots (These all screen shots are from EHP5 versions. In EHP6 it will be different look and feel of display this screens. Just check the components and follow)

Standard component:

Create Enhancement and delete the above marked one. Once you do enhancement and delete screen looks like below

Once it's deleted the photo upload option will not appear in ess screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar.

I should create a copy of the configuration used in the component HRESS_C_PER_PHOTO

And then assign the configuration customer in the step 1?

Thanks

Regards

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't create any enhancement to photo comoponent.

As you showed in 1st screen shot, select that photo line item and just click on Delete button.

When you click on Check , if it shows any errors then check the Wireschema tab.

Then click on Wireschema tab and check is it showing any line item with red color related to Photo component.

Select that line item and click on Delete.

Save and check it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar.

I dont need delete this. I need that the employee can display the photo. I only want that the employee not can change the photo.

Thanks.

Regards

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if you delete this employee can see his photo in overview page. Here your deleting at Edit page only.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marc_augustin2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

it looks like WebDynpro ABAP? You then can copy the configuration of your service. Within this copy, you can choose if a field is read-only or not.

Alternativly, you can also do some customizing. Open your WebDynpro Application in config mode (&sap-config-mode=X is appended to the URL) and navigate to the view you want to modify.

In this view, holt ctrl and right click on any field you wish to change. A new screen should open and you can hide fields or set them as inactive.

Marc

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Juan please ensure you close the thread if it resolves your case, I have closed this one as Shankar already provided you the solution twice 🙂