cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Approval Work Center not getting work item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all Gurus,

We are using Travel request by using 2 level workflows.

Here when we open Approval Work Center , The supervisor is not receiving the requested created by the employee.

But the supervisor is recieving the request in work item, ie manager inbox.

What configuration I need to maintain..??

In the table IBO_C_WF_TA_P_SC, I have maintained the task id for manager inbox.

The same way do I want to maintain the Table for travel approval work center..??

If it is  what is the application name and all other details i need to maintain.

What I maintained is showing below.

Application                                              POWL Type ID                                     Workflow Task ID

MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_2                 MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_WI               TS20000***

Regards,

Namsheed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

typically travel is one level approval only and no WF is triggered, Travel approval work center is WF agnostic. POWL however requires the configuration do get the custom WF Travel workitems read below http://scn.sap.com/thread/3507376 http://scn.sap.com/thread/3160090

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sidharth,

Thanks for your reply..its really helpful.

I gone through both the links. Got some idea we need to something in POWL. But I haven't got a clarity what exactly I need to do to get atleast  the request in Travel Approver Work Center.

Actually I am getting the travel request in NWBC on work item on MSS of Manager. He is able to approve and and 2 level request is working fine in that fashion. But why in Travel Approver Work Center the request is not getting.??

What can be done to solve this

Regards,

Namsheed.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

travel work center doesnt respect WF it works on employee list ie http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35092 did you configure as per above is that your question? if i understand you correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth,

We can maintain employee list per the document. But how it will differentiate Level 1 approver & Level 2 approver.

Regards,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth,

The issue is partially solved.

Only thing I have done is maintained the transactions FPB_MAINTAIN_PERS_M & FPB_MAINTAIN_PERS_S.

Now the issue travel request is populating to 1st level managers account. But its not coming to the 2nd level managers id.

For that I need to mention the task id somewhere. What I should do.

Regards,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lukas Weigelt  Siddharth Rajora,

Can you just go through my this issue. Is there any solution for this.

Now what happens is when employee creates a travel request, both Manager & Higher level manager getting the same request. Thats not correct. Its working fine in work fine work item of manager. but the issue is he can see only very few info. pls see the screenshot.

If employee requested for additional destinations or any other travel services , all those informations are not showing here.

There is no Display/Print option also here.

if Manager can get all info, then there is no need of Travel Approval Work Center

Issue will be is solved.

Kindly provide some workaround.

Regards,

Namsheed

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

it has to do with your WF and Bor objects, you are getting the WF Items to appear correctly in POWL and you need to ensure to get it to second level of approver Please see how you select agents for first level Note that travel work approver center doenst support WF as indicataed so that's not a solution for you

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

in my company we decided against using the POWL-based solutions for scenarios so we don't use the "Travel Approval Work Center"; instead we use custom workflows based on the standard ones and the Universal Worklist as frontend means. So I can't really relate to your problem, since I never worked with FITV_POWL_APPROVER in-depth.

In any case, what Siddharth wrote in his first reply, is, according to my information (at least as of state 2012), correct. FI-TV does not support multi level approval in standard. Additionally if you take a look at those threads.. 

..you'll come to understand what the major problem with the FI-TV architecture is and what workarounds are available.

My recommendation: Don't use the POWL; use a workflow and the UWL instead.

Sorry I can't provide a sample solution for your use case, but I'm afraid there is none. There's, though, also a good chance I simply don't know enough about the POWL MSS-Inbox (which is shown in your screenshot) and maybe it's somehow possible to implement application specific buttons for certain query types; but that's beyond my knowledge. There's a pretty good blog on it though, written by , you might want to check it out just to make sure you aren't missing any available options:

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

As just like Sidhharth told, I got confirmation from SAP that Travel Approver Work Center doesn't support Workflows. So its not useful in my case.

So now the only option is do something with workitems. 1 more thing unfortunately we are working in NWBC , not in Portal. So  I have to use POWL and can't work with UWL.

I got some idea t o solve this. But I need all your suggestion on how to do that.

In the WD application I am using there is an option detail view of workitem.

In the Application IBO_WDC_INBOX, views V_DETAILS_WI.

If I can bring this details into the aplication, I hope I can view the complete detail about the work item.

I will give you some screenshots from NWBC. Share me if you strike any idea on this.

Regards,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth,

You are absolutely correct. Travel Approval Work Center is independent of WF and is of no use for me. But I need some solution that manager can details of Travel Request. I got some idea that I shared on the reply to Lukas. What posssible solution we have.?

I have also written so SAP. I will post the reply of SAP once I got it.

Regards,

Namsheed.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

I see... so you're stuck with the POWL-Inbox. I understand your idea but unfortunately I lack the knowledge of the POWL-Inbox application, so I can't help you with your approach. Though, when I look at the component/View you pointed out, the idea itself seems applicable to me (somehow getting access to the WI-Description). However concerning how to get this done, you'll have to rely on Sid or somebody else who's got the expertise on the application and its customization possibilities.

There's, yet, one thing that bothers me. When I look at the WDYN Comp/View you pointed out, from just looking at it, it seems that the "details" are simply polled from the WI's Task Description. If this is the case, for your approach, you'd have to redefine the Standard Tasks's description and include a huge load of Parameters from the TRIP-Object (BUS2089) from the TRIP Instance and that'll blow the workflow out of proportion (in my opinion).

Maybe there's yet another way, for example, collecting the Information you need for your manager coding-wise within the workflow and then send it to the manager as a mail in the background; though this would be kind of a media disruption. Alternatively, the collected Information could somehow be transformed into a form (Adobe Form maybe, or SAPScript or anything 3rd party) or otherwise usable format and then be attached to the Workflow Instance. As far as the SAP help is concerned, accessing Attachments from the Workflow in POWL-Inbox should be possible Inbox (CA-EPT-IBO) - SAP Library

Another probability would be "somehow" accessing the FI-TV Form Handler (FITV_TRIP_FORM) to fetch the standard form via OBN-Navigation.

I'm curious to see what you'll ultimately do to achieve your requirement, please keep us updated!

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lukas,

Thanks for all your inputs.

I really appreciate the way you written this covering all the possible options to solve the issue. 

Now there are many ways to tackle the issue. I will update you on how we am gonna achieve my requirement. Meanwhile if you got any solution, update me.

And can you tag Sid to this.

Cheers

Namsheed.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

are you able to preview your workitem, whats the issue now? in my above threads using POWL customisation and feeder classes you can achieve this. can you try switching  the launchpad parameter NAVIGATION_MODE for the Service FITV_POWL_TRIPS to be opened inplace rather than external?

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you need to work with your abaper to enable the disabled buttons, check the above links

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth,

can u pls tell me the path where i can switch launchpad paramenter NAVIGATION_MODE for service FITV_POWL_TRIPS..??

Thnaks,

namsheed

Answers (0)