cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summary Published to Search for Projects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have the "Summary Published to Search" checkbox for Project documents?  I know this exists in Master Agreements.  I am wondering if this field can be configured on a Project and behave in the same manner as it does with MAs.  I know how I can get the field and checkbox itself on the Project Header, but what I am not sure on, or if it is even possible, is to get it to behave in the same manner.  The ultimate goal being able to have a Project that cannot be seen when searching via All Projects query.  Any guidance would be much appreciated!  Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicholas,

'Summary Published to Search' checkbox is not available in Projects as standard functionality.

"The ultimate goal being able to have a Project that cannot be seen when searching via All Projects query."- Turn around solution would be to create checkbox extension in projects and customize 'All Projects' query by retricting projects whose Extension checkbox is checked.

Regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Vignesh.

I know how to create the checkbox extension in Projects, but I have very little experience with customizing queries.  I believe I'm on the right track as I've gone to Setup > Query Definitions and have found the 'All Projects' query, but not sure how to proceed from here.  Can you provide some more detail on how I would restrict Projects whose extenstion was checked?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!

I am assuming that you have already created checkbox Extension in Projects.

Open 'All Projects (FCI-AllProjects)' query and duplicate it.

In the query, do the following modifications:

1. LEFT OUTER JOIN  '<%EXT_TABLE(projects.projects)%> T10' table using T10.PARENT_OBJECT_ID of this table with T1.OBJECTID of FCI_PRO_PROJECTS T1 table.
  2. Add a condition in WHERE clause:- T10.ABC(internal name of Extension)=0 which will restrict projects whose checkbox extension is checked.
  3. Preview and check whether you are getting expected results.

Let me know if you face any issue.

Regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

This is something I have never done before so I'm not 100% sure I can follow the directions you have provided.  Would you be able to put these modifications into the duplicated query so I could just copy and paste it in?  Here is the query:

SELECT <%RESULTS%> FROM <%SCHEMA%>.FCI_PRO_PROJECTS T1 LEFT OUTER JOIN <%SCHEMA%>.FCI_MAS_VALUE_LIST_VALUE T2 ON (T1.STATUS_OBJECT_ID = T2.OBJECTID) LEFT OUTER JOIN  <%SCHEMA%>.FCI_MAS_INTERNAL_CAT T3 ON T1.INTERNAL_CAT_OBJECT_ID = T3.OBJECTID <%DYN_JOIN%>

WHERE T1.IS_TEMPLATE=0 AND T1.CONTEXTID=<%CONTEXT(projects.projects)%>

<%AND_OP("T1.INACTIVE",<%?(T1.INACTIVE)%>)%>

<%DYN_FILTER%>

<%AND_OP("UPPER(T1.UNIQUE_DOC_NAME)",<%?(T1.UNIQUE_DOC_NAME)%>)%>

<%AND_OP("UPPER(T1.DISPLAY_NAME)",<%?(T1.DISPLAY_NAME)%>)%>

<%AND_OP("UPPER(T1.DOC_OWNER_USER_OBJECT_NAME)",<%?(T1.DOC_OWNER_USER_OBJECT_NAME)%>)%>

<%AND_OP("T1.STATUS_OBJECT_ID",<%?(T1.STATUS_OBJECT_ID)%>)%>

<%ORDERBY%>

The internal name of the Extension is BUYER_SEARCHABLE_PROJECT

Thank you very much for your help with this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicholas,

Please find below query,

SELECT <%RESULTS%> FROM <%SCHEMA%>.FCI_PRO_PROJECTS T1 LEFT OUTER JOIN <%SCHEMA%>.FCI_MAS_VALUE_LIST_VALUE T2 ON (T1.STATUS_OBJECT_ID = T2.OBJECTID)
LEFT OUTER JOIN  <%SCHEMA%>.FCI_MAS_INTERNAL_CAT T3 ON T1.INTERNAL_CAT_OBJECT_ID = T3.OBJECTID LEFT OUTER JOIN  <%EXT_TABLE(projects.projects)%> T10
ON T10.PARENT_OBJECT_ID = T1.OBJECTID <%DYN_JOIN%>

WHERE T1.IS_TEMPLATE=0 AND T1.CONTEXTID=<%CONTEXT(projects.projects)%>  AND T10.BUYER_SEARCHABLE_PROJECT=0

<%AND_OP("T1.INACTIVE",<%?(T1.INACTIVE)%>)%>

<%DYN_FILTER%>

<%AND_OP("UPPER(T1.UNIQUE_DOC_NAME)",<%?(T1.UNIQUE_DOC_NAME)%>)%>

<%AND_OP("UPPER(T1.DISPLAY_NAME)",<%?(T1.DISPLAY_NAME)%>)%>

<%AND_OP("UPPER(T1.DOC_OWNER_USER_OBJECT_NAME)",<%?(T1.DOC_OWNER_USER_OBJECT_NAME)%>)%>

<%AND_OP("T1.STATUS_OBJECT_ID",<%?(T1.STATUS_OBJECT_ID)%>)%>

<%ORDERBY%>

In the above query, I have placed a condition T10.BUYER_SEARCHABLE_PROJECT=0 which will retrict all the projects in which the created checkbox field is checked.

Regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for that.  Now, my next question.  Is there way to hide the "Summary Published to Search" column/filter in the query?  What I am seeing now is that you can still add that filter to a search query and you can find Projects that are checked by choosing that filter and setting it to EQUALS YES.  So if someone was smart enough to customize the seach query they could still see Projects that were marked to not be searchable.  Does that make sense?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!

As per my understanding, you want to create a checkbox filter('Summary Published to Search') which when checked will give all the projects where Extension checkbox is checked.

If not checked, then it will give all the projects where Extension checkbox is not checked.

I hope this is what you want?

Regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ultimate goal is to be able to mark a Project so it cannot be seen within the All Projects search query.  I understand what you are saying, and maybe this just is not a possibility.  So I think what you are saying the best scenario is to be able to use the checkbox as a filter and you could only see that Project in an All Projects search if you had that filter in place.  Is that correct?

Answers (0)