cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to SMP 3 Server from Integration Gateway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm testing SMP 3 out. I have SMP 3 SP3 installed on my local PC, used the developer version (derby DB). I installed it using HTTPS. Also have Eclipse Kepler with Gateway Productivity Accelerator plugins installed. I can create an OData model and Service Implementation project, but when I try to deploy the service to my local SMP 3 server I see the following message from Eclipse

javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated

I assume I'm getting this because the application is using some self-signed certificate and there's no CA on my machine to verify. My question is which certificate am I supposed to add and to where?

Thanks!

DJ

#sslnoob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For ODATA modeling, eclipse junos is recommended.

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still no luck with Juno. Same error. Any other ideas? My last resort is to re-install with HTTP instead of HTTPS since this is only my developer machine.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I installed it using HTTPS.

Here,are you talking about the step where you have to select HTTP/HTTPS and port (8080,8081,8082,8083) for notification purpose?

What backend you used for creating OData modeling? SOAP/JPA/JDBC/ODC?

If it is SOAP URL, do you require any proxy settings to access it through browser?

I assume I'm getting this because the application is using some self-signed certificate and there's no CA on my machine to verify

Can you share more points on this?

Is it possible to post the error screenshot for better understanding.

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JK,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm referring to the installation step to select HTTP/HTTPS and port.

I would like to create and OData model off of a JDBC connection, but haven't gotten that far yet.

No SOAP URL.

Right now, I'm just trying to get past the test for connecting to the Integration Gateway from GWPA. Here is the screenshot of the test setting along with the error:

Thanks!

DJ

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi DJ,

You are not even able to ping the connection. Right?

Can you cross check JRE or JDK installed version? I remember, we had the similar issue sometime back and we were working with JRE6 but when we installed JRE7  (or JDK 1.7 either) and tried to connect, it worked.

Also, make sure your admin cockpit (shortcut at desktop) opens with port 8083.

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

JDK 1.7.0_60 worked!

Thanks JK!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

I have tried what you have suggested and am still facing the same error. Any pointers to what I am doing wrong.

I have installed JDK1.7 and JRE 7, updated Eclipse to use one of them and tried connecting to Integration Gateway. It works for neither of them. I have updated the JAVA_HOME system variable and PATH variable with the respective paths. I tried re-installing the SMP Server, and yet the issue persists. Kindly advise.

Cheers,

Vigil

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Request you to raise a new thread since this query has already been answered and hence closed.

You may share error screenshot for more understanding.

Just to confirm are you sure SMP server is up and running? (check services.msc >SAP MobilePlatform Server)

Rgrds,

JK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, the title I used is misleading. I should have put, deploy from Gateway Productivity tool to SMP 3 Integration Gateway. Don't know how to change it though.

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Can you go to eclipse--> Preferences-->ODataDevelopment-->Integration Gateway and check the below entries

URL : https://localhost:8083

Username : smpAdmin

Password : the one which you created while installation

Click on Test Connection and check if its able to ping succeed.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakshit,

It fails, this is where I observe the error mentioned.

Thanks!

DJ

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you go to Run-->Services.msc and check if SAP Mobile Server services are running.

If Yes, Try to restart it and check..If all fails please download Eclipse Juno and install the gateway plugins into it and repeat the procedure. It should definitely work.

I guess there are some limitations to the Kepler version

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Service is up and running. Can login to the Admin and Gateway Cockpits. I'm not so sure it's the Eclipse version, but I'll give Juno a shot.

I think it's more with HTTPS/SSL, but don't really know where to start on that one.

Thanks!

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope Installing Juno should server the problem

Thanks,