Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Rejection Without any reason

muhammad_umar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen many times content in Coffee corner also rejected without any solid reason.  Thats not looking fair. Its better to also share reason fir rejection. My recent discussion thread  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3565330 rejected. Can i know reason behind it rejection as it did not posted on wrong forum. Otherwise its better to stop sharing on coffee corner.

Thanks

Muhammad Umar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member46
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

I'm glad that you reached out although perhaps it would have been best if you reached out directly to me.

I am not certain what happened. I rejected a different post since it was the same as yours but opened 3 weeks later. Somehow yours was hidden as well.

I hope now everything has been cleared up and that your post is now visible again.

Gali

PS I appreciate others jumping into this thread to explain that moderator action is not personal but rather for the good of the community and yes mistakes can be made by mods too.

muhammad_umar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gali,

Thanks a lot for reaching and resolving.

Regards

Muhammad Umar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad

When it was rejected did you go to your Actions (top right corner) and look at the reason. As I am not a moderator in this community I cannot see the document or reason for rejection

Regards

Colleen

Ps - one possible reason if you breaking teh Rules of Engagement for SCN and posting personal details. For example, - I have alerted the moderator for this. Although an old post is it full of members posting email (where a lot occured before SCN rules were tightened).

muhammad_umar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Coleen,

Thanks for reply. I have seen action. This is message for rejection. It was rejected almost 3 days ago.

Your content "FIFA World CUP 2014" has been rejected by an SCN moderator and is no longer visible in the community. Please see the Rules of Engagement for more information on why content is rejected.

Reason: Please search the forum before posting a new question, this topic was already raised here http://scn.sap.com/thread/3565330. Thanks, Gali

There is issue regarding rejection of , Batch determination in Goods Issue .

Thanks

Muhammad Umar

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad

Does the rejection reason provide some helpful reason so you can avoid having this happen to you in future?

Gali advised you "Reason: Please search the forum before posting a new question, this topic was already raised here http://scn.sap.com/thread/3565330. Thanks, Gali"

Without knowing you what you asked, the rejection notice implies if you had search (e.g. use google) you probably would have found your answer already. With the title containing FIFA, there are quite a few passionate fans in SCN. I suspect there was a flurry of content and others may have created the topic first. If everyone fan created a thread we would need to rename Coffee Corner Sports World or something (but then all the cricket fans would jump in and compete). If you want to participate in such discussion search for an already open thread (or the thread that was given in the comment) and add your voice there.

As a whole, in SCN we are trying to stop repetitive questions from be raised and also avoid duplicate content being posted across SCN, Marketplace place, wiki and help.sap. In doing this, it reduces the noise and allows us to all find good quality answers quickly

In relation to the 'There is issue regarding rejection of , Batch determination in Goods Issue .' - I alerted the moderator in that area. Who knows - the might be asleep and will review my alert when they see it. It is their decision on how they manage their community

If you are satisfied with the response from the notification, then please close out this thread. On a positive, you now learned two pet hates of SCN regular members - posting duplicate content (failing to search) and personal details

Regards

Colleen

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this thread

You have posted your email id, which is strongly not allowed in SCN. I have also pressed alert moderator for the post.

You should not share your email id in public forum.

muhammad_umar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Dev,

There is no issue regarding this thread. Many people have posted their email id so thats why mistake was done by me. But iuuse is regarding my other thread of FIFA WOrld cup which was rejected at Coffee corner.http://scn.sap.com/thread/3565330.

Thanks

Muhammad Umar

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

About this discussion, Colleen has already given you the explanation.

Normally in Coffee Corner, discussion got rejected when someone pressed alert moderator with valuable reason.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad

Do you still feel you were treated unfairly?

Regards

Colleen

muhammad_umar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes , I am feeling that treated unfairly because nothing was wrong with that content.

Thanks

Muhammad Umar

muhammad_umar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

But the thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3565330.  which he mentioned was mine. Which was open from last 15 days. Their was no open threasd of same topic.  I did not repeat this topic. Then why moderator rejected.

Regadrs

Muhammad Umar

muhammad_umar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks dev .

Dear this topic was not repeated. As it was open from last 15 days. I have also replied to colleen that thread which Goli mentioed was mine. So there should be any solid reason for rejection. Moderator should not reject due to his personal sake.

Regards

'Muhammad Umar

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may not agree with the Rules of Engagement but they are provided as guidelines for participation here.  I do hope you can understand and accept that by enforcing them we help provide a better experience for the majority of participants.  While there are cases where mistakes are being made in moderation (and often they are pointed out and corrected when they occur) there is no "personal sake" behind Gali's attempt to guide and mentor you.  It is not an attempt to humiliate or impose personal agendas.  In fact that type of statement is really not acceptable.

You will find that in most cases the moderators only "agenda" is to guide and mentor people who participate.

I would recommend accepting that with grace and moving on to renewed and good engagement.

Arguing endlessly about that doesn't serve any positive purpose.

PankajPareek
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

I agree with .

Moderating is a tough job. A moderator has so many threads and comments on those thread to moderate. After all they are also human and at times they might make mistakes and I have seen moderators correcting their mistakes. We should keep these things in mind before commenting.

Your thread is not visible to me but I am very much sure moderator must have checked your case and reviewed it again in response to this post. If even after that they find it justified to reject it then let us respect their decision. Trust me no one has any personal agenda on rejecting someone post.

I hope to see new and exciting post from you

Regards

Pankaj Pareek

muhammad_umar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pratt.  Dear its not my aim that moderator has done intentionally. And i am also following rules of engagement. But i want to share my thoughts that if someone highlight mistake by moderator then he/ she must try to resolve it by clearing confusion.

Thanks a lot for guidance.

Muhammad Umar

muhammad_umar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi pankej,

Thanks. Yeah mistake can be make by any body.  But I am 100 % sure that this thread was rejected wrong, because neither it was posted at wrong forum nor it was duplicated posted. but anyhow , thanks for your time . I respect your advice.

Thanks

Muhammad Umar