cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit note is having different pricing procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an issue with the Pricing procedure determination.

While creating Return order, we are creating with reference to standard Invoice.

Document pricing procedure in the Standard Invoice and Return order are different.

We maintained different pricing procedure for Return order. But system is copying the Pricing procedure from Invoice into the Return order.

We are creating Return credit note with reference to Return Delivery.

Here in the Credit note, Pricing procedure is different, that is actually what we maintained in OVKK.

But in VTFL, Pricing source field is maintained as "Order" only.

Does this setting not enough to copy the pricing procedure from the Return Sales order.

We need the same Pricing procedure what is available in the Return order to be copied into the Return credit note.

Advice me what standard settings to be done to achieve this.

Regards,

Rajesh Lingadurai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But system is copying the Pricing procedure from Invoice into the Return order

It is the standard SAP functionality.  To have a different pricing procedure in Debit Memo Request / Credit Memo Request, you need to create a zee routine in VOFM as recommended in the following note:-

• Note 14136 - Pricing procedure for credit memo with reference

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am closing the thread. Somewhere I am lagging to explain the actual issue I believe. I explained everything about my issue but wordings are not supporting to understand the actual picture.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

As standard process, same pricing procedure will be copied from the invoice to returns sales order even you maintain different document pricing procedure and maintained in the pricing procedure determination also in OVKK, so please maintain in the header data as routine  053  instead of 052 in copying controls of VTAF, so that system will pull different procedure.

Revert if any issues

Regards

Ratnamsri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

I think following procedure you have configured.

= Return sales order is created w r to billing document.

= Credit memo is created w r to return sales order.

Original invoice pricing procedure and document pricing procedure is different from return sales order.

In copy control(VTFA), Pricing type is D - Copy pricing element is unchanged.

So that system fetch the pricing procedure and condition from original invoice.

May hope clear this your incident.....

Regards,

Manoranjan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

you create return sale order w r to billing document so that system pick the pricing procedure of invoice.

your configuration setting is ok.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manoranjan,

Thanks for the reponse.

Return order part is clear to me. As per standard, system is copying the Pricing procedure from the Invoice.

But I am not clear about Return Credit memo i.e. Billing part.

As I explained above, I believe the Pricing procedure will be redetermined in the Billing only when the Document Pricing Procedure in the Billing is different from the Sales document type.

But in my case, Document pricing procedure is same in Sales document type and Billing document type, but why system is redetermining the Pricing procedure in the billing level.

As per our requirement, system has to copy the Pricing Procedure and Condition values whatever is determined in Return order level into Invoice level.

Is it possible to copy the entire pricing from Sales order into Billing even if it is Delivery related billing.

I hope it is clear now.

Regards,

Raja Durai

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raja Durai,

What is the copy control setting between Returns Delivery and Invoice?

A Item level, the Pricing Type should be D - Copy pricing elements unchanged.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

If you want same pricing procedure available in return sales order to copied into the Return credit note, then create credit note with reference to return sales order and set copy control(VTAF ). Create return sales order w r to original invoice so that system copy pricing procedure of original invoice . if you create return sales order without reference of original invoice then system not copied the original pricing procedure.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answers Lakshmipathi and Manoranjan.

It is really useful.

Regards,

Raja Durai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoranjan,

You understood my exact query actually.

Our requirement is to copy the Pricing Procedure and Condition values whatever is determined in Return order level.

Is it possible to copy the entire pricing from Sales order into Billing even if it is Delivery related billing.

As per standard SAP, I hope Pricing procedure and Condition values should be copied from the Sales order into billing and redetermine the condition values as per Pricing type maintained in Copy control.

I believe the Pricing procedure will be redetermined only when the Document Pricing Procedure in the Billing is different from the Sales document type.

But why in my case, system is determining the Pricing procedure in the billing level even my document pricing procedure is same between Order and Invoice.

Could you please help me to achieve this.

Regards,

Raja Durai

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recheck the Document Pricing Procedure assigned to the Return Order and Return Credit Note in the

a)Assign document pricing procedures to order types

b)Assign document pricing procedures to billing types.

Then re- check the Pricing Procedure determination for your Sales Area + Customer Pricing Procedure

and the corresponding Document Pricing Procedure .

Regards,

R.K

Message was edited by: Ravi Kumar