cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The original exception was: wapsmod.ms.MsAttachFailed: Connect to message server (pdirmba1/3900) failed: MSENILAYER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to install an extra dialog instance to our BW environment in the second step when giving the profile parameter after reading the profiles it comes with the message:

An exception occurred while connecting to the message server instance MBA/DVEBMGS00 on host pdirmba1, port 3900. DIAGNOSIS: The original exception was: wapsmod.ms.MsAttachFailed: Connect to message server (pdirmba1/3900) failed: MSENILAYER.. SOLUTION: Make sure that the message server is started.

Message server is started as CI and second DI are already running.

HP-UX, Oralce11.

Did set the temp directory and SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME parameter into the environment of root.

already tried niping from di to ci on the port and thats working ok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

could you please check sapinst_dev.log, if you see more information on the error message?

regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only that

When I grep on Error from the file I get

more sapinst_dev.log |grep error

Error number 8 error type SPECIFIC_CODE

Error number 211 error type SPECIFIC_CODE

pci_error_tolerance_time                 1440  Default      Immed

Registering Profile directory /usr/sap/MBA/SYS/profile for beeing one of the sources of additional files to be collected in case of errors

hth72231:mbaadm 25> more sapinst_dev.log | grep error |more

Error number 8 error type SPECIFIC_CODE

Error number 211 error type SPECIFIC_CODE

pci_error_tolerance_time                 1440  Default      Immed

Registering Profile directory /usr/sap/MBA/SYS/profile for beeing one of the sources of additional files to be collected in case of errors

Standard input: END

other

TRACE[E]   2014-06-25 10:08:17.327 [syuxcuser.cpp:2762]

CSyUserImpl_setOsInfos(iastring sName, iastring sID, tSyUserInfo& msUserNewinfo)

lib=syslib module=syslib

FSL-05014  Command '/usr/sbin/usermod' with parameters '-G "adm,bin,daemon,lp,mail,other,root,sys,users,sapinst" root' failed with return code 8: Login root

is currently in use

But that is not the issue

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

could you please check dev_ms trace, to which port message server is listening and which hostname appears in its trace?

regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found it just a few minutes ago.

Totally overseen that there was another entry in the hosts file resolving to pdirmba1 instead of 3

changing that and restarting the instance helped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian, I had the same issue and resolved by correcting entry in /etc/hosts

Answers (0)