Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DUMMY2 in MEPOITEM - badi ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST method PROCESS_ITEM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are on ECC 6.0.

I need to default item delivery date only once to system date for certain type of PO's in ME21N and they should be allowed to be changed manually by any user theerafter.I have implemented the BADI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST method PROCESS_ITEM for this However in order to default the item dleivery date only once I'm setting the field DUMMY2 in the interface structure MEPOITEM the first time for each line so that it will not get defaulted to today's date everytime.

Can anyone let me know where this valuefor DUMMY2 is getting stored at the table level?

Some of the fields available in the interface structure MEPOITEM are not available in EKPO/EKKO or any of the common tables for PO.

Is this value for DUMMy2(check box) getting stored in any of the tables or gets deleted after the BADI implementation run/instance?

1 REPLY 1

atul_mohanty
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe, you want to to set the delivery date to default to system date during creation through ME21N.

So once the PO is created now only through other transaction like ME22N / ME23N (change mode) the users you can change it and no need to set it default.

You can handle this through transaction type.

For Creation its 'H' ( tranasction ME21N), when transaction is H you set the delivery date to system date.

For Change its 'V' ( ME22N or ME23N (change mode) , you do not set here.

To catch the transaction type, you need to BADI - ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST, Method - OPEN.

The field is IM_TRTYP , you can pass it to a variable i.e creating instance attribute in the implementing class of the above BADI.