SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple reservations for an item in a DBM order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got an issue with multiple reservations for an item in a service order.When I try to replicate it unable to create multiple reservations.

Please help me why and when these multiple reservations are created for an item.

Thanks,

siva.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Multiple reservation for an item should not happen as a standard process.

Check whether there are multiple cancellation of reservation as well.

The other reason could be if the item which is getting reserved is having the UoM other than EA.

Regards,

Sachin Balmiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Like Sachin has mentioned, multiple reservations is not a standard process.

Having said that, there are some exceptions to that and here are the possible cases of Multiple reservations for a part on DBM service / parts orders:

1. If item was rejected and un rejected.

2. Qty updated after item is issued

3. Order rejected, unrejected, with different materials and QTY.

4. Item Deleted (reservation doesnt get deleted) and re-entered, same item back into order (new reservation created).

Sometimes, the action, which creates reservations might have not be updated / some Z code could have overwrite the standard process, which could lead to multiple reservations.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Harsha

0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

Tried all the scenerios as mentioned...but didn't get any duplicate reservation

Thanks,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin & Harsha,

Can you please help me to replicate the scenario with screenshots.

Thanks,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can happen if you have used some custom action or event or prepare/execution BADI's and raised some error message without

raising proper exception on particular custom check ..this keeps DBM order status and other data inconsistent.

To check ..go to action log and check all the error and warning messages

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Have a look at note 1494262 with attached report ZDBM_RESERVATION_CHECK in order to detect problems and to fix incorrect reservations.

Best regards

Joachim