cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Analysis standard workbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are migrating some BEx workbooks to BO Analysis for office 1.4. As for our first try it worked really good in our opinion. We just have some question regarding the "got to" functionality and standard workbooks.

We created a standard workbook which we used as template for all our BEx reports. After migration we still have all the template look and feel but we want to use that created standard workbook for all our Analysis reports also when we use the "go to"/ "report to report interface" function.

For example:

The user will open a report workbook saved within the BW repository. For further analysis he/she wants to "drill down" to another query. With right click onto the table and selecting the "Go to" functionality the desired query is available as we configured all that within the query designer and the BW. By selecting the query, a new workbook opens without any layout or standard workbook look&feel. Just a new workbook with standard excel layout opens and the query result is entered from cell A1 to xyz.

We would love to have that report opened with a standard look and feel but can not find any way for this. Therefore we would need a template or standard workbook functionality so that every Analysis reports which will open, will have that basis template look&feel.

Could anyone provide help for that issue or is this not available in the Analysis version 1.4?

Many thanks in advance and just the best,

Katja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your Excel, you can go to Analysis > Settings > User > User Settings and there you can define the location of your default workbook (no longer on the BW server, but on a shared network drive!)

> this template is used when you choose 'open datasource' and select a query, so i think (hope :-)) this is also applied when you use the Go To functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am customizing a bunch on customer workbooks for my customers in the way you are looking for.

What you need is a mixture between Workbook settings, styles and the default settings being distributed within your installation.

Bad side of AO (currently..hope it will be fixed soon) is, you cannot grab the default workbook from within BW, it has to be stored in a shared network folder.

I am currently writing an article about it ( in detail) but here's the quick version .

1. Open a blank sheet in AO and define all Excel rellevant settings like e.g. Orientation (landscape, portrait etc) as well as your desired footers headers...

So everything that you may see in your template that is NOT SAP or BO defined:)

2. select any desired cell for the top left corner of your crosstab and insert any query (just placeholder)

3. use styles ( AO styles or selfmade styles (should be the default style)) to format your crosstab results like totals, conditions etc.

In case you redefine colors for standars (SAP styles) save your settings as new style e.g. MY_STYLE and deine it as default style

4. Save that workbook ( remove crosstab result data for confidential reaons from display before) to your desired network path (that can be reached by all AO users

5. Goto settings and define this workbook as the standard default workbook by selecting the just (bullet 4) saved workbook.

Now... last and least

Your self defined styles will be saved underneath the following path as shown in picture

the settings for the default workbook will be stored at Appdata Roaming as well (shown below)

Information is being stored in the xml file.

ALternatively, you may pre-configure all settings (styles as well as default workbook via registry

The structure of keys in registry and name of folder in AppData as well as STring value and xml file name is identical ( see pics)

Hope that help my helo you to brighten your day

Joerg Boeke

BIAnalyst GmbH

0 Kudos

Hi Jorg,

I have tried your procedure and below are my observations

1. I have created standard template.

2. placed in "C:\Users\User\Documents\Template1 V.05.xlsx"

3. Tempalte name stored in the xml file C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\SAP AG\SAP BusinessObjects Advanced Analysis\Settings\Document\DefaultWorkbookPath.xml

4. But We could not find any "Document folder" in Regedit setting under SAP as you mentioned.

Kindly help me how to set the path "SAP->Advanced Analysis->Settings->Document"

Thanks

Alagappan R

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right click on settings and select "New->Key"

Rename key folder to Document

and right click on Document and select "New->String Value"

rename string to "DefaultWorkbookPath"

Subhash

0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Thanks for your response.

I have created Document folder as you mentioned.

After that we tried to open my default workbook from default workbook location still I am not able to open the same as shown below.

kindly help me to get the solution.

Thanks&Regards

Alagappan R

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you add under HKEY_CURRENT_USER,

and also create one more  DocumentCacheFolderPath   under Document

this should help

Regards,
Subhash

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your information

After creating DocumentCacheFolderPath under as you mentioned path, whether I have to add any data value to the document or empty?

Kindly share your contact details so that I can approach you better. It is urgent requirement from customer.

Thanks

Alagappan R

0 Kudos

Hello Jörg,

Could you please send me the detail article or provide me the link to the article?

Thanks in advance.

Lara

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

Im not sure if that is what you would like to have. If you use the standard workbook location as a network folder you can open this standard workbook via File\Analysis\Open DS with the DS you like.

0 Kudos

Hi Katja,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Sure I let you know if I get any solution.

Thanks&Regards

Alagappan

0 Kudos

Hi Katja,

We are also having same kind of requirement in our project. we need to create "Global Template" for

all users.

Kindly help us to solve this issue ASAP.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks & Regards

Alagappan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alagappan,

I am sorry but I didn't get a resolution for that!

Good luck for this issue!

Let me know as soon as you will find a smart ways of solve that one!

Sorry and best regards,

Katja

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay in this

Have you looked at creating style sheet/sets?

See the tutorials at

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

thanks for your reply! Unfortunatley creating style sheets/sets isn't exactly what I am looking for. It's more about creating a standard workbook with some texts (and also formatting) but also a standard data source and the important part is that this kind of workbook opens everytime I open Analysis. Afterwards user can customize the document as they want it to look like but in the first part they all should have the first "template".

Within this post () I read publishing a global workbook is possibly by editing the install directory of the user. But then I have to edit the directory of each user locally. At least this did'nt work for me ...

Many thanks in advance for another reply.

Best regards,

Katja

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Katja,

I don't have any quick answers; I moved this thread to the Analysis Office space for a faster response (I hope) - perhaps other community members will have ideas