cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira 1.17 BW connectivity - No data sources found InfoAreas/Roles view empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I try to connect Lumira to a BEX query. Connection seems to work.

However, nothing comes up in Roles or InfoAreas view.

Also search "*" brings no records found.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Axel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

that's odd.. do you have another BW user you could try? (more elevated SAP rights)   or a different workstation?  (in case of UI problem)

i wonder -  does the query need to be 'released' in bex ?

is there another way to browse, by queries that are 'saved to favourites ' for example rather than Roles/Infoareas  (guessing here, as don't have the install front of me. )

Do you have access to products Analysis Office or Design Studio to see if you experience a similar problem when creating BW/BEx connections there, with your user?  (thy use very similar data connectivity access)

Regards,
H

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are encountering the same issue. I tried connecting with a SAP_ALL user and the same issue occurs. One thing I noticed is that when I enter a user that doesn't exist in our system, it shows the same screen. There is no screen that pops up showing a user authentication error. Is there any way of confirming that we have connected successfully? We also connect to our BW system using a message server rather than directly to one of the application servers. Does this affect the connectivity?

In addition to this issue, we have a BW on HANA system, running alongside a BW system running off Oracle. The Oracle BW system (as well as our ECC system) appears in the dropwdown box for systems to connect to, but not the BW on HANA system. How do we get the BW on HANA system to appear in the dropdown box for connecting to?

I

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think the messager server vs. app server could be a possible line of enquiry (and perhaps a quick one to try from your side?) - have you contacted AGS support in case of defect here?

for the bw on hana question, are you hoping to access 'classic' bex queries, or bex queries remodelled/snapshot as analytical views?

Regards,
H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding "BW on HANA system", note that the list of BW connections, which is exposed in Lumira Desktop, is picked up from SAP Logon running on the same computer. Can you log on to "BW on HANA system" with SAP Logon directly? Also, are Lumira Desktop and SAP Logon of the same platform architecture (32-bit vs. 64-bit)? The architectures have to match especially if the connections are configured in SAP Logon to use SNC.

Regarding "nothing comes up in Roles or InfoAreas view",  how many objects are expected to be returned, that is, is is possible if the object list if too big that a longer time is needed to retrieve it?

Finally, if you enable Lumira Desktop tracing, do you see any errors in the Lumira trace file?

Regards,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your help and suggegstions. It prompted me to search for other versions of saplogon.ini on my computer, and sure enough I found about 3 other copies of the file.

I replicated our main version of the file (which is where our SAPGUI logon pad points) to one of the other locations and the connectivity is now working and queries are appearing as expected.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Law

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Law, that's a great news! Thanks for the update.

Axel, do you mind trying the same and (if it works for you as well) updating the status of the question as answered so others can use it in the future as a reference knowing it resolves the issue?

Regards,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Boris,

One more question, is there a way to point the location of the SAPLOGON.INI file in Lumira to make it refer to a common file location (IE where our SAPGUI currently points to) rather than having to replicate the SAPLOGON.INI file? This way, any future changes to the SAPLOGON.INI file will be automatically reflected.

Thanks

Law

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Law,

I believe it can be set via SAPLOGON_INI_FILE environment variable.

Regards,

Boris

Answers (0)