Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IO 415 - At least one string in the worklist contains an invalid character

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have following problem that I hope anyone of you can help me with.

When a delivery is created from a sales order in trans VA02 following error message is displayed in trans SM13:

IO 415 - At least one string in the worklist contains an invalid character

The delivery is NOT created even if a success message is displayed saying that the delivery has been created. The problem only occurs when the delivery is setup to be sent to a printer using output type LD00.

I have tried to debug the code to see when and why the error message is created. I'm expecting that an invalid character is used somewhere on the sales order or delivery but I'm unable to find it. I have for example set breakpoints in function modules PROCESS_STRINGS_FOR_PRINT and PROCESS_SERIALS_FOR_PRINT, which are the only places I can find where IO 415 is used, but the debugger doesn't stop there.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to solve this problem?

(The problem occurs in rel 4.6C)

// Best regards Hans

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We too are facing the same problem. can you please let us know why it is happeing. what was the solution for this issue if solved.

Thanks u very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are facing exactly the same problem. Has anyone been able to solve the problem or does anyone have a clue, what's causing this error?

Thank you.

Andreas

0 Kudos

We encountred the same problem, can any one help us in this regards?