cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REX 3.0 CE field implementation compatibility with REX 3.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know if the implementation for CE fields for REX 3.0 is compatible with REX 3.2?

I am currently faced with an issue where I am not allowed to update the UIAConfiguration.xml to the 3.2 format since there are other clients still using REX 3.0 and their implementation regarding CE fields will be disrupted if I update the XML file.

Currently in REX3.2 I can only see the enhanced field when I try to create a sales order, but when I try to view a sales order, the custom field is not present, is it due to the fact that the implementation for CE field and the XML file is for REX3.0?

I am currently stuck and don't know how to proceed, I would be grateful if you could help me.

Kind Regards,

Chetan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

If you are trying on iOS yes, the UIAConfiguration file format is different in 3.2 and is not compatible with the 3.0 version. A possible solution is that in the Mime repository upload the configuration file as UIAConfiguration_iOS_32.xml and in the BAdI (/mac/rs_badi_def_clnt_xml) that retrieves the XML, based on the Users sales Org send this new file but at runtime change the name to UIAConfiguration_iOS.xml

Regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

this is exactly what I have done, and it is working partially fine, sometimes when syncing for sales orders, the CE fields disappears. Do you have any idea what might be causing this issue?

Kind Regards,

Chetan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Could you explain "CE fields dissapears". What were the exact steps carried out on the device when you saw this happening.

Regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also want to add that the UIA xml suggests the CE fields to be displayed on UI in a create scenario, however once the order is synced, then it is also necessary that you pass the values back in the CESalesDocMBO, implement the necessary BAdI's to save the values that were received from the client and send the values back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

I think we are having an issue with sending the values back. I have implemented the badi to save the CE values coming from REX and it is working fine, but once the values are saved, the CE fields disappears from the view sales order screen on REX. But when I view another sales order, the CE fields are present and valorised.

Please help.

Kind Regards,

Chetan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

I would be really grateful if you could explain what you mean by "pass the values back in the CESalesDocMBO". I think this might also be causing an issue.

thanks,

Chetan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to implement the POST BAdI while getting reading the Order Details to also fill the CE table

Example: /MAC/RS_BADI_DEF_SD, method /MAC/RSFM_DCN_OR_GETDET_POST, fill table CE_CT_HEADER with the CE field data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

I have already implemented the method /MRE/IF_BADI_SD~GETDETAIL_AFTER from BADI definition /MRE/BADI_DEF_SD. But the issue is still the same.

kind regards,

Chetan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

latha_b
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Given that objects have moved to DCN from 3.1 release for sales orders you would have to check DCN related classes if you want to download the CE fields where as for upload the existing UI configuration XML should still work in UI.

You can check on classes which use the base class: /MAC/RS_MW_DCN_DATAEX_ROOT for the same.

Regards,

Latha