Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Databasis of SEM-BCS

former_member207487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a question for the Experts:

I have transported 2 new Source databasis(R1,R2) which only have speciefied the info prov specified. The cubes are already on PFI therefore I transported the Source databasis to production.R1 and R2 are on production. I did include both Source databasis(R1 and R2)  to Databasis (D0) and afterwards build  Load from datastream method(MRDxx) to move Reported financial data from the Cube  into the Totals records Cube . The enhanced databasis (incl.R1 and R2) including the Load from datastream method (MRDxx) is only on development the new Source databasis (R1 and R2) are not yet included in the databasis on quality and production. To have it available I need to transport the databasis (D0) to quality and to production. But now I changed the Cube structure of a  another Source databasis (S1) which is not yet transported to production but it exists with the old structure on production. Now my question: I want to have the new source databases assignment to databasis(R1 and R2) available in quality and production that I can also transport the two new LFDs (MRDxx) from Development to quality and to production. My question :When I transport the databasis ( with R1 and R2 and S1) I will get them on quality.Will it fail?R1 and R2 Source databases are yet on quality and production.S1 is also yet assigned but changed Souce databasis are only on DFI. When I not transport Sourcedatabasis S1but transport Databasis (R1,R2 and S1) Will S1 keep the old structre? Databasis D0 will only get the changed structure after the Source databasis (s1) is transported right .if I have not transported the Source databasis of the changed Cube so the transport it will keep the old Setup and Cube structure right? and it wont fail.

If it is too complex what I described can anybody let me know how  the relationship between Source Databasis and Databasis is and how is the dependency between them?

Any hints, any tips, any experience  any information related to this topic could help. thanks in advance.

Thanks and regards,

murat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Can you pls explain me what will happen when I transport Databasis D0 with 3 (2 is new and 1 is already existing S1) to quality without transporting any of the points you mentioned in your above answer. Will it fail? Will it dump?

When I do not transport the changes in Cube... when I do not transport Changes in LDS

Regards,

former_member211095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murat

If you not move BW cube relates transport request and only moves D0 changes (BCS Transport request) there would be no transport request fail (I guess) but when you trying to open the Data basis you will not get the changes you did in BW end.

Regards

Rajesh SVN

former_member207487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

thanks for your answer I also had this assumption that when I transport the whole databasis I will only have the new assignments to Source Databasis R1 and R2 available and can then transport the LFDs from these Source cubes but the S1 will not show any changes before I do not transport BW changes like cube structure change,.... right?I will assign you the points after having transported this.

Thanks and regards,

murat

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207487
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh, I did transport nothing failed. Thank you. BW changes are not there right but the assignment to other source databasis are established. Assigned points

former_member207487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

• Assignment of Source databasis R1,R2(new ... do not exist on quality) and S1(already exists on quality) exist in Databasis D0 on Development.
  • to have the new ones available on quality  and to test the LFDs on quality I need to transport Databasis D0 together with the assignment of all three source databasis.

What will happen?LDS are also usable in quality but what will happen with the already existing Source databasis assignement S1? Will the transport end in failure?

Regards,

murat

former_member211095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murat

As mentioned above Databasis D0 contains 3 (2 is new and 1 is already exited S1).

In S1 mentioned some data structure changes which means added new object?

And the same object is used in BCS means in LDS and also any changes are done in LDS based on the data basis?

if yes for the all above points then you need to create transport request as mentioned below

1. Source cube changes in BW

2. New source cube

3. Changes in LDS

If there is no changes in LDS then let me know what are the changes done in S1 Cube.

Regards

Rajesh SVN

former_member211095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murat
As per your thread understand below.
1. Previously you have on Source Data Basis D0
2. In that you added two new data source R1 & R2
3. created new LDS on the new data source (am I right)
4. Change the cube structure relates to Source data basis S1
5. Need to move the changes relates to R1, R2 and New LDS to quality and production environment and skip S1.

Create new transport request specific to change and then move changes to the system which you want.
Regards
Rajesh SVN

Assigning points is the way of saying thank you on SCN, even if you choose correct answer or helpful answer, this thread will be reference to the future.

former_member207487
Participant
0 Kudos
  • Hi Rajesh,

Yes
rajesh you are right you did understand correct but I now need to transport the
Databasis (including assignments of all Source databasis) & newly created
LFDs. When transporting this to quality I also transport the databasis with the
new assignment of new Source databasisR1,R2 but also the assignment of old
Source databasis S1 .The new assignments will be there but what will be the
case with old assignment of S1.Since I have not yet transoported the new cube
structure the Source databasis would keep the old Cube structure? The transport
will not failand the Source databasis of S1 will stay the old one on quality
and production right?

Regards,

murat

former_member211095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murat

If there is a change in the cube and structure then you need to move the changes from BW side.

Once those change are available in Quality and Production, then you collect individually transport request for Source Data which contains R1 & R2, another transport request for LDS and then finally one more for S1.

Once changes are moved to Quality log into BCS workbench for Data model Sync and also execute LDS task in the monitor. Hope it will work

Regards

Rajesh SVN

Assigning points is the way of saying thank you on SCN, even if you choose correct answer or helpful answer, this thread will be reference to the future.

former_member207487
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh but nevertheless I have to transport Databasis D0 with the assignment of new Source databasis (R1,R2) and old Databasis S1 The new ones I need cause also the LFDs need to be transported but Transporting S1 what happens  with it.Assignment exists but on Development I have changed cube structure of S1 but also Source databasis not yet transported. When S1 assignment gets transported in Databasis D0(not Source databasis) together with Assignment of R1 and R2.What will happen?

Thanky,

former_member211095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murat

Could you please re-mentioned the above conversation in details (like points).  Because now I am not able to understand your sentences or statements.

Regards

Rajesh SVN