cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Outbound Port is not functioning (SAP-MDM NW 7.1 SP10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MDM NW 7.1 experts.

My question relates to a problem I am researching.  We have several ports that we use to distribute master data to multiple back end systems.  A few days ago, one of the ports ran into a problem resulting in data no longer syndicating to one of our back end systems.

I have verified that I am able to successfully manually syndicate XML data out of this port.  But MDSS is not automatically distributing data.

Here is the error stack trace that is being generated out of MDSS (not sure who if anyone would be able to make sense of this error but I included it for review):

If you have any advise, please share.  Thank you in advanced.

Sincerely,

Richard Wortmann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Richard , Can you attach the complete log file generated in the MDSS during this exercise ?? Regards, Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haya, Ravi and Vag--

Thank you for the response to my post and your recomendation to extract additioanl data to the logs.

Just to provide an update on this specific problem... We stopped/started our repository as part of our weekly process.  When the repository loaded, the port came back clean.  This error seemed to have resolved itself.  At this point, I am going to move forward with the fix being a stop/start of the effected repository.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

RW

(RC=0x84020007)

haya_rubinstein
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

The error written in the log file, starting "A SQL statement could not execute.." probably means that additional information is also written in the MDS log. You can probably find more information there so attaching the MDS log as well as the MDSS log would be very helpful.

Best regards,

Haya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I agree with Vignesh here,please attach log for more details.

Normally,two primary reasons for such a issue to occur are -

1.Port has been blocked with some other user, and

2.Folder permissions have been changed during some maintenance or other activity.

Please come back with findings.

Thanks,

Ravi