cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set colour for holidays in ESS NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

During creation of leave request in ESS through NWBC, I need the leaves to be displayed in yellow colour. Now only Saturday & Sunday is showing in grey colour. Holidays are not showing in any different colour.  We have maintained the holiday calender in ECC..In NWBC it is able to see the holiday calender also. How can I get yellow colour or any colour to holidays during applying for leave this..??

Regards,

Namsheed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

for your rule group ensure this customising is done in table V_PTARQ_TCONSTR ie In standard we show colors for different types of statuses Color Display of Status of Leave Requests Specifies how requests and posted absences are displayed in the overview of leave and the team calendar. Use If you select this field, the following statuses are highlighted in different colors: Absent (posted absences) More than one request on one day Sent (sent and approved leave requests and change requests) Deletion request (sent and approved) If you do not select this field, the following status is highlighted in a different color: Absent (sent, approved, and posted requests)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

did you check the above table? Yellow color is shown for Public holidays HRESS_TEAM_CALENDAR_ENH BADI should be used. did you apply the note 1709799? 1675831 - LEA WDA: Holiday display in Team/Employee calendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth,

Thank you so much for providing the right answer. In the table you told (V_PTARQ_TCONSTR) there are 3 Rule groups. And in the rule group 00000002 the colour display of stauts of leave requests is unchecked. If I checked will it solve the purpose..?

Pls dont mind if its a silly question

Regards,

Namsheed.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes it ll solve the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. I haven't implemented the note..is it applicable for NW 740...??

I will check the badi u mention with my abap team as well. where that badi to use..

Thanks a lot Siddharth.

Namsheed

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

check the customization and verify if it works, notes are dependent on EA HRXX version, you need see the note for which SP level they come in and whats yours SP level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I checked the colour display of stauts of leave requests in rule group 00000002.

Implemented the note you told 1709799.

But still the holiday in future days are not in yellow colour.

But if I create a leave request, thats showing in yellow colour.

We maintained the holidays in R/3 and its showing in public holidays in NWBC.

But in calender its not reflecting, I mean the public holidays are not showing as coloured.

Give me some soln.

Regards,

Namsheed.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

So in leave request calendar you don't see public holidays? does it not work for all the rule groups? Note you don't need any badi implementation for this probably you can debug here breakpoint @ CL_HRESS_PTARQ_TIM_SERVICES in method GET_PUBLIC_HOLIDAY_DESCRIPTION METH CL_HRESS_PUBLIC_HOLIDAY_CLASS *&                      IF_HRESS_TEAM_CALENDAR_ENH *&                      ~GET_NEW_CALENDAR_ENTRIES *& Object Header  CLAS CL_HRESS_PUBLIC_HOLIDAY_CLASS *&--------------------------------------------------------------------*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth,

We have followed the SAP Note : 2032709 - ESS LEA: Public Holdiays are not highlighted anymore

And done the necessary codings. Now the holidays are getting highlighted perfectly in client 220(DEV).

We have moved the same TR to Quality. But its not working in Quality( Client 240).

We set the breakpoint in the added coding & it is getting triggered when we open Create Leave request in NWBC in 240, but holidays are not displaying in yellow colour.

Do we need to do anymore things  240.

Thanks,

Namsheed.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

did you check the above customization as indicated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the  table V_PTARQ_TCONSTR,

I have 3 rule groups,

Earlier in Rule group 00000002, colour display of status of leave request is unchecked, later I checked as you said.

Other than that what customizations I have to do.?

Thanks,

Namsheed.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

that's it and ensure all notes are implemented! It ll work! does it not work at all in your system now??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ensured all notes are implemented. but still it is not working  at all in 230(DEV) , 240(Quality) & 200(PRD) in my system.

In my Golden client 220, after implementing the note 1993746, its working.

I don't know what's the difference with this 220 other than all other clients.

Tell me where & what I should check...??

In the note 1993746,

there are some codes,

I put the breakpoint in this coding and it is getting triggered in 230, 240 etc.. when we open create leave request. But still yellow colour is not coming for holidays.

If removed these codes from golden client, yellow colour wont come in there also.

What to do now. ??

Thanks,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

does it created requested for you or not after downloading the note move the request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes TR is created for that note to implement in 220 & moved that note to quality 240. now whatever is there in 220 is there in 240 also. But highlighting is not happeneing in Qlty  

Former Member
0 Kudos

once chk req is properly moved or not to qas server once and try again some times request will not move properly or else restart the qas server and portal once and check again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not because of TR not moving properly...!! The purpose of the note is to create method

IF_HRMSS_TEAM_CALENDER~SET_DISP_PUBLIC_HOLIDAYS

Initially this method was not there & the coding inside.

Now after implementing the note this method appeared in CL_HR_TEAMCALE_TRAVEL

So this method is there now in both Quality & Dev.

Even in 230 (DEV) the yellow colour is not coming.

Only working in Golden Client 220.

Is there anymore settings to be done..??

Thanks,

namsheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

A strange things happens, we are almost near the complete solution.

I was trying for Leave Request on behalf from Managers ID. During that time, for some employees the Public holidays are highlighted in yellow colour & for some employees its not highlighted.

So I think there is some user specific settings required for employees who are not getting the yellow colour highlighted.

Do you got any idea.. what we need to do now..??

Regards,

Namsheed

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you compare the user authorization profile ie user comparison for user which its working and also, you have ensured that the checkbox as stated above is done for all the rule groups? See their profile parameters in SU3 if any? for a user not working assign a SAP_ALL and check?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siddharth,

I have maintain the same profile parameter for 2 user ID, same roles, given SAP_ALL to both the users & ensured in all rule groups the check box is checked....but still yellow colour highlighting is appearing for 1 employee, not for the other one.

I am completely clueless what to on this.

Now from the HCM side, do I want to check anything.

Throw me some light on this plzz

Thanks,

Namsheed.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

and both have absences in SENT status in rptarqdbview for the pernr? can you check again, or test again with new leaves

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth,

I checked with creating new leave requests for both the employees & the status is SENT for both of the employees in rptarqdbview.

But still the highlighting of yellow colour is working only for 1 employee .

Whats the issue....Its not authorization issue because I have given SAP_ALL to both employees.

Regards,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth,

I found something for which I hope you can give some solution.

The yellow colour is working for the username "EMP2" and it is not working for the username "EMP4","EMP5" etc...!!

So I tried to make the roles , profile parameters , authorization etc for emp4, emp5 etc...same as emp2.

But still there was no result.

Then I gone to the PERNR of EMP2 through PA30.

The PERNR of emp2 is 154.

The PERNR of emp4 is 76.

The PERNR of emp5 is 2.

What I have done is for the PERNR 154, through infotype 105 & subtype 0001. I changed the username from EMP2 to EMP4.

And when I checked in NWBC, yellow colour is appearing for EMP4 and not for anyother username.

So there is something in PA30.

when I compared the difference between both PERNR in 154 & 2 in infotype 7. I couldn't find a single difference.

If you got something, please help.

Regards,

Namsheed.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

typically Sent leave request should be shown, So I would suggest compare the user roles and profiles again  and ensure they have the same correct data. If it works for one and fails for other, maybe configuration issues again verify work schedule etc, leaves, rule groups

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check below :-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the above steps and notes has been implemented correctly but even through the public holidays are not getting displayed in the team calendar..

Need Help..

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudir,

What I have done is in PA30, personnel data, please maintain the religion. There was some links between these and I got yellow colour in my public holidays.. just check.

hope this will helps

Regards,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to enhance the Webdynpro component: HRESS_C_LEA_TEAM_CALENDAR

View :V_TEAM_CALENDAR

Methods:BIND_CALENDAR_DATA_NEW and PARSE_XML

Check and debug both the methods.

Regards,

Jyothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear jyothi,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Unfortunately I am not a abaper, I couldn't perform the enhancement action. Is there any way to achieve this through customization or any other method. If enhancement is the only way, can you give me the codes or the proper way how to do that enhancement & what code to write for that..?

Regards,

Namsheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jyothi,,

My issue is not yet solved...please tell me how to do the enhancement in :BIND_CALENDAR_DATA_NEW and PARSE_XML

Thanks,

Namsheed.