Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question according Databasis transport of SEM-BCS

former_member207487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

lets assume we have changed the structure of a Cube  on development. There is a Source databasis existing on this Cube connected to an LFD method where we have the possibilities now on development to  define a new rule related to the structure change of the Source Cube. Is all that change applied on quality or production only after transported the Source databasis to quality and production again? Or when I now transport the databasis after the structure change of Source cube will there be any harm without transporting Source databasis to quality or production. Will on quality or production stay  still  the old structure of the Source cube?Can it fail the transport of databasis to quality or production?

When I do not transport the changed Cube structure and the related Source databasis + enhanced lfd methods but transport only Databasis  to quality or production will that result in a dump?

Any hints, any tips, any experience  any information related to this topic could help. thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murat
As per your thread understand below.
1. Previously you have on Source Data Basis D0
2. In that you added two new data source R1 & R2
3. created new LDS on the new data source (am I right)
4. Change the cube structure relates to Source data basis S1
5. Need to move the changes relates to R1, R2 and New LDS to quality and production environment and skip S1.

Create new transport request specific to change and then move changes to the system which you want.
Regards
Rajesh SVN

Assigning points is the way of saying thank you on SCN, even if you choose correct answer or helpful answer, this thread will be reference to the future.

former_member207487
Participant

Answers (0)