cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force change number for assembly item or product item variant change (iPPE)

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI All,

do you know whether it is possible with standard PLM to have mandatory change number usage for iPPE structure elements like assembly item or product item variant during change?

I am searching for a similar functionality like for BOMs in OS25, OS27 about history requirement setting.

Best regards

Tamas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

david_kramp2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I believe with Eng Record you can make the setting to auto create the Chg Master as well as auto inherit to the particular PLM Object. This needs to ne investigated, as I know in RD for example, the way the system works with Recipes and Specs is very different than how it works with Docs for example. This would also drive the use of PSM vs iPPE in AGCO's case

Dave

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

the question pointed the change of assembly item/product item variant e.g. with Change Product Assembly in PLM WebUI.

Best regards

Tamas

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

The solution for deletion:

there is a way to prohibit the deletion (but only deletion) without change number.

There is an authorization object C_PVS_NOH field NOHIST. If a user has the authority NOHIST = 'X' he can delete change states which have an ECN assigned without history. If NOHIST = ' ' the user is not allowed to delete a change state which has an ECN assigned without history. The authorization will only be checked in case of deletion.