cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to: SMP 3.0 one application with many OData Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We are developing one iOs Native application that will use about 20 different OData services. The application must work only in local network.

Is it possible to implement by SMP3 configuration?

SMP3 application configuration allows to register many connections in one application. Is it possbile to perform one time login(onboard) to SMP application and then perfrom many calls to different OData services without relogin?

What format will be the URL to smp connection? http://server:8080/ConnectionName doesn't work. I'm getting an error: Application connection id is not provided. What do you think would be the SMP the right choice for such requirements? Wouldn't be better to invoke OData services directly from iOs application?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We are developing one iOs Native application that will use about 20 different OData services. The application must work only in local network.

Is it possible to implement by SMP3 configuration?

First make sure all OData services are accessible in local network. When you create an application id in admin cockpit for the given Endpint URL, there is also an option to add other Endpoint information "Back-end connections" under "BACKEND" tab.

Is it possbile to perform one time login(onboard) to SMP application and then perfrom many calls to different OData services without relogin?

Ideally it should work. Haven't tried yet.

What format will be the URL to smp connection? http://server:8080/ConnectionName doesn't work. I'm getting an error: Application connection id is not provided.

Are you trying to access OData information through smp? Or trying to onboard an application id?

Wouldn't be better to invoke OData services directly from iOs application?

You can definitely invoke OData services directly from client app but there will be no role of SMP here. How to track an user, app registration, notification, log analysis and so on.

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Thank you for you answer!

What format will be the URL to smp connection? http://server:8080/ConnectionName doesn't work. I'm getting an error: Application connection id is not provided.

Are you trying to access OData information through smp? Or trying to onboard an application id?

I'm trying to invoke OData service throught smp. My test application stopped working when I added second coonection to my application configuration in SMP.

I suppose I need to specify another URL in order to recognize which connection SMP have to use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

some clarification

I'm getting error: Application connection id is not provided when I invoke OData service by URL in browser/ My application return 403 error during onboarding process.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Your issue has resolved? If required, you may look at

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was solved. Thank you for link!

Answers (0)