Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCATT - get data from HTMLViewer control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to get data that are displayed inside a HTMLViewer control. The eCATT GETGUI command only get the whole control, means I can't get the text values inside the control. Is there a way to grap the content of the control?

regards,

Wolfgang

3 REPLIES 3

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

You can try recording those fields in which case the values in those fields gets recorded as get value in the mode and then try changing to value to a variable. This is how its done in TCD driver. Please let us know which driver are you using to record, i am assuming SAPGUI ?

Thanks

Aj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wolfgang,

May be you can try the "complete View" button. It displays additional details other than field value.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Best Regards

Sheetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

eCATT GETGUI is using "SAP Gui Scripting" as Automation Interface.

The scripting API for HTML Viewer control is not very detailed about it's intern state, so most likely you get nothing usefull out of HTML control with this technique.

As far as I know, HTML Viewer control only supports some events when using eCATT SAPGUI command to issue actions (OK-Code driven), to be able to continue in application flow, but no data to be read from the control.

If you have deep understanding of your applications architecture or/and devlopment contact, maybe you can access the desired Information by other APIs of your application (function modules, ABAP methods, ...)

Kind Regards

Jens