cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a LEAD by using ELM ? Experts please provide the solution at the earliest..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is kishor kumar. I am getting error while creating a lead by using ELM. Can you please tell me the process of creation.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Kishor Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are facing the same situation. Mapping Format Adresses and Leads. BADI is activated and contains filter on this mapping format. Business Partner / Prospect is getting created but no Lead?

SLG1 is throwing this message:

1 record(s) not processed while creating business transactions

Message no. CRM_MKTLIST_STAGING072

Diagnosis

&1 record(s) were not processed while creating business transactions for
the following reasons:

• Errors were present in the previous steps

• Business transactions were already created for these records

• An organization or contact person was not provided for these records in a
    business-to-business list

System Response

Business transactions are not created for these records.

Procedure

If there were any errors in the previous steps, correct the errors and repeat
the steps.

Please help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Sorry to trouble you again, I was recently completed my MBA from JNTU and joined as SAP CRM consultant fresher in small company. Please send me the real time Business Scenario documents on CRM Sales and Marketing. These documents  could help me to kick start my career as a sap consultant. Thank you inadvance.

Regards

Kishor Kumar

Moderated: email removed

Message was edited by: Andrei Vishnevsky

Former Member
0 Kudos

My suggestion is to follow below links for CRM area to learn real business cases from around the globe. Lucky you, now there are tons of knowledge in the form of blogs, wikis and answered discussions.

Good luck with your career.

Customer Relationship Management - CRM - SCN Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit sir,

Thank you for your information.I got the output.

Regards

Kishor Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

I got the same requirement. We are trying to create BP's and Leads simulataneously using ELM. BP's are getting created successfully but Lead transaction id's are not getting generated. Are there any specific fields that needs to be maintained in the mapping format while uploading the data?

Please suggest the mapping format you have used to create BP's and Leads simultaneously.

Please find the below mapping format we have used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

You have to maintain "ADD MAPPING RULE" while creating  the Leads. The mapping format category should be "ADDRESSES & LEADS". For lead data you also have to specify transaction type, for which you can use Add Mapping Rule for field Transaction Type (process_type) and assign your Lead Transaction (standard or custom) and then other field as well like Status (which you want to default usually open), Lead Origin & Lead Group.

a) Constant: Default a constant value to some fields which are not part of source file but is required during the mapping like country, transaction type etc.

b)Values: You can map particular value from source file and change it during the mapping process, example the load file has some code 101 which you want to convert to ABC, this option can be used.

c)Code: Using this option you can write ABAP code and manipulate the data, example you want to default some value but based on some condition.

Add Mapping rule plays key role.

For Example:

Target Field                     Target Field ID

First Name                        PERSON_FIRSTNAME

Lead                                 LEAD(TRANSACTION_TYPE)

Regards

Kishore Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaka,

Please close the thread as your issue got resolved.

Rgds

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

What error you are getting Kishor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

1st thank you for your response. I was created ELM with Category:Addressess, Filtercriteria:Person.

I was uploaded file and mapped the values.I got result but while creating a Lead by using ELM, I am not getting result. So please tell me what is the Add Mapping Rule and how to create a Lead with ELM.

Thanks & Regards

Kishor Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I'm assuming you are creating BP and Lead at the same time then your mapping format category should be Addresses & Leads. Then map your source file fields with the mapping format fields like FirstName to PERS_FIRSTNAME etc...... for person data & Lead Data.

For lead data you also have to specify transaction type, for which you can use Add Mapping Rule for field Transaction Type (PROCESS_TYPE) and assign your Lead Transaction (standard or custom) and then other field as well like Status (which you want to default usually open), Lead Origin & Lead Group.

With Add Mapping Rule you can perform below options for a field:

1. Constant: Default a constant value to some fields which are not part of source file but is required during the mapping like country, transaction type etc.

2. Values: You can map particular value from source file and change it during the mapping process, example the load file has some code 101 which you want to convert to ABC, this option can be used

3. Code: Using this option you can write ABAP code and manipulate the data, example you want to default some value but based on some condition

You should implement and activate the ELM BADI: CRM_MKTLIST_BADI and assign your mapping format as filter to make it work.

Regards,

Shobhit