cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you view an Analysis View?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The guide explains exporting it to the repository.  But there is no option to open/view... it just sits there waiting to be consumed as a data source by edition for offices, crystal or webi.  is that so?

and then you can choose it as a data source for a new webi document, but it really just creates a query for you? (maybe filters?) but not the same visualization.

Am I understanding this correctly?  Especially that you can't open it, but only use it as a data source in the other apps.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is a saved navigation state / data source

A convenient way to consume it in another application

See

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.  so?  that means "no".  you can't open it just as itself.  meaning, the only way you can even know what it consists of........ is to use it.  right?

2.  do you know Tammy what the real value of that would be? it seems like you are just adding in another layer, and another object to store etc.........  rather than just pulling it right into Webi.  (just trying to see a value add with that functionality)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can open it in Crystal, Web Intelligence, etc.

My take only - the value of the analysis view has diminished in recent years, but I think there could be use cases where you want to take hierarchical, navigated data and put that in a nicer format like Crystal Reports.

Today you can mobilize using Design Studio with Analysis OLAP

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Trisha

As Tammy mentioned, Analysis Views were developed so that the results of an analysis, created in Analysis Office or Analysis OLAP, could then be passed over to tools such as CR and WebI.

CR and WebI have many formatting options and they simply treat the Analysis View as another data source.

In essence there is no need to create an Analysis View, unless you want to "beautify" your analysis results.

Kind Regards

Ian