Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LP12 Material Staging same WH, same SLoc various Storage Types

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

We currently run material staging at a warehouse (W1) that has multiple storage types to store our stock and we have defined our production areas with a storage type (LS)

My issue is that when we run LP12 the 'Warehouse Stock' column will show a total of all stock in all storage types (including LS).

How can I omit the LS storage type from this calculation?

I would want to run LP12 and the 'Warehouse Stocks' to only show stock in warehouse storage types.

Is this possible? I have a feeling that it is not possible but I need to know of options available.

Are we using SAP correctly in that we have production stocks (in storage type LS) and warehouse stocks (storage types, WA, RR, DR, SL, etc) all under one plant, one Sloc and one warehouse?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Darren

(I have searched all previous posts but it has not been mentioned before)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Darren,

When WM-PP is active we use SAP standard storage type (100) to stage the product to production line side from where consumption takes place. Also as a best practice it is always advisable to create two separate storage location (Production storage location) from where the consumption will take place, (WM Storage Location) where u will store the Raw Material / Packing material & SFG and stage the material to production line side based on the requirement and to the bin which is defined in the control cycle. Reason fro two separate storage location is that this holds good in terms of ownership of stock in business perspective.

with regard to your second query related to stock when you use LP12 you will get stock in two different column in LP12 screen one is Warehouse Stock which the stock in entire warehouse which can be replenished to Line side (logic to calculate this is system picks the stock removal indicator from the Material master and then goto storage type search(T334T table) and find the storage type defined against that indicator, club stock of all the storage type and displays into Warehouse stock column.if you will exclude the storage type LS in storage type search strategy then it will solve your problem), Another column is Storage Bin Qty which displays the stock available in the bin defined in control cycle.(in your case Stock in SType LS)

Hope this helps

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Manish

I agree with your comments regarding having a separate Storage Locations for Production and Warehouse. Unfortunately, when we initially went live with SAP the use of material staging was very small but now it is expanding and it looks like we will have no choice but to eventually go with the 2 storage location option.

On the other note, I am a little confused with the 'stock removal indicator' that you mentioned. Which tab in the MM is that on? Is it in the 'Storage Strategies' section on WM1?

So could I create a reference, say 111, and in table T334T have an entry excluding 'LS' storage type and then put this reference 111 in the 'stock removal' box in WM1? This would then omit LS stock of this part when calculating the 'Warehouse Stock' in LP12?

If this is right, then yes, you are correct, it will solve my issue in LP12.

Please can you confirm if I have understood you correctly Manish.

Please can you also advise SPRO route to add entry to T334T?

Many thanks Manish

Regards

Darren

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are right........that is on material master WM1 view

SPRO route

SPRO--LE --WM---Strategies---Storage type search strategy

enter the value for Operation 'A' which is stock removal. In the below example the stock removal indicator in WM1 view is defined as 012 and the storage type in storage type search strategy is defined as 006, at the time of LP12 run system checks the stock in 006 and reports back under column Warehouse stock 

Let me know if you need any further input

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Manish

I have just tested the use of the reference 111 and it works perfectly!

So now I can create a new reference in our production client and apply to relevant materials so that when running LP12, the Warehouse Stock will only apply to storage types managed in our warehouse and not the LS (line side) production storage type.

Many thanks for the info

Regards

Darren

Answers (0)