cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to call the brfplus application in bapi save material?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am new to BRF Plus. i have a requirement where need to call the BRF plus application in BAPI ( bapi_material_save_data).

Please help how can i call the Brf plus application from the BAPI.

Thanks in Advance,

kaasi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kaasi,

Ok

Step 1: Find out if there is an enhancement spot and/or BADI provided as part of that BAPI. If there is one and it's suitable for your purpose (you didn't say when your rule needed to be applied) use that. If not you might have to go to using the modification options to create a custom code slot at the relevant point.

Step 2: Use the Generate Code Template option in BRFplus (you need technical attributes turned on in Personalization to see it) to get the code to call your BRFplus function.

Step 3: Put the generated code from the template into your BADI implementation or enhancement spot.

Step 4: Adjust the code to fill the input parameters and return the output parameters of your BRFplus function.

Step 5: Activate your BADI implementation/enhancement and test.

Hope that helps

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Thank you for your reply.

As i am new to BRF+ i am not aware of how it will call. Can you please give some example how the BRF+ plus called in ABAP.

Thanks in Advance,

Kaasi.

0 Kudos

Hi Kaasi,

you can create the coding that has to be called either directly from BRF+ (on function level - button "Create Code Template")

or via the report FDT_TEMPLATE_FUNCTION_PROCESS

This gives you the ABAP coding that you have to complement with the parameters that you have in your context and result data object (quite self-explanatory from the comments that are generated)

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please give any example ( custom FM or Anything ) in which the BRF+ was called.

Thanks in Advance,

Kaasi.

0 Kudos

Hi Kaasi,

attached you find a screenshot of a sample call. One specific thing is that this call includes the triggering and saving of the lean trace of the BRF+ rule processing

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Kaasi.

Answers (0)