SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derivation Strategy Range not working

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a derivation strategy we are using cost element cost center and posting date as source fields. Now when i maintain the value in the rule through "FMDERIVER" I see a range for cost element means that there are two columns available "Cost Element From" & "Cost Element To". While populating the rules if i skip the range of cost element and for every derivation rule Create a line item the rule works just fine. but if i use the range function and group cost elements the derivation rule stops working. what could be the reason behind this? can any one please help me its urgent

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When there is a doubt about FMDERIVE, the first step should be setting a trace and trying to post the transaction in question. The system will show directly if the rule, that you defined, was executed or not.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When there is a doubt about FMDERIVE, the first step should be setting a trace and trying to post the transaction in question. The system will show directly if the rule, that you defined, was executed or not.

Regards,

Eli