cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHS - characteristic function module C14K_PHRASECHARACT_CHECK

Former Member
0 Kudos

when new value assignments are created and existing characteristic (of char30 type) are put in the new class, characteristic function module gets detached from characteristic value check.

thus not able to select phrases for value assignment type.

i tried executing 'match up master data' option - Activate Phrase-Related Characteristics but function module (C14K_PHRASECHARACT_CHECK) doesnt get attached.

regards

arvind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Please follow the below steps to attach the function module to a Characteristic.

Choose the created Characteristic in Change Characteristic mode.(CT04)

Choose the tab page <b><i>Values</i></b>

Choose <i><b>Other value check</b></i>

Select <i><b>Funtn. Module</b></i> and confirm

Enter the function module (C14K_PHRASECHARACT_CHECK) in the <i><b>Function</b></i> field

If you have selected multiple values then check <b><i>Addition values</i></b>.

Save your entry.

( You can also check the below link for the screenshot

http://www.geocities.com/nookireddy/FM.htm )

Hope you have created phrase set and assigned to that Characteristic. Then goto Match up master data. Check <i><b>Activate Phr. Assgt to charac</b></i> and execute.

If this dosen’t works, please do reply.

Regards,

Srinivas Nookireddy

(sapehs@gmail.com)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

thanks for reply.

i got over this. as explained by u, it works.

but problem comes when u leave some of the characteristics in CGAB without phrase set assignment and run 'Activate' option in match up.

refer to note 539861

though plm component level is high enough (than mentioned in note) i am getting this problem. work around is to assign phrase set to all char30 entries in cgab and not to leave any blank. else it detaches the function module.

thanks

arvind

Answers (0)