cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC v10 AppPool Out-of-memory issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

Hope someone can help, as I haven't seen this issue before.

Basically, I am running a BPC MS v10 SP13 single-server (combined SQL/Web/App environment).

When any of my users tries to process pretty much anything, they get a server timeout error and it fails to complete.

When I log on to the server and check the EventVwr log, I see AppPool errors at 1 minute intervals, covering the entire time that he is trying to do anything (not just today - He was trying to do this last night, and I can see errors covering the corresponding times for that, too).

The Event Log shows:

-------------------------

Event 5077, WAS

A worker process with Process ID of 'xxxx' serving application pool 'SAP_BPC' has requested a recycle because it has reached its virtual memory limit.

-------------------------

The virtual memory limit is set as per the usual installation instruction (1843200KB / 1800MB), and I don't want to increase that without knowing whether that is likely to break anything else or if that limit is an "absolute" recommendation?

Please help if you can, as I need to resolve this today if possible.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have SQL 2008 or SQL 2008 R2 maybe you need a sp ugrade, see please this note 1646998 - There is insufficient system memory in resource pool %% to run this query error

Regards

Roberto