cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone Gateway installation (7.40 SR1) - guides and SID/instnum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN,

I'm setting up a standalone gateway for a 7.40 SR1 clustered ABAP system (so seperate DB, ASCS, PAS, AAS, etc.)

I have a few questions as I plan the work out

1. The installation guides in SCN and OSS seem to focus on installing a Gateway via SAINT embedded into an existing system - I want to setup a standalone gateway - anyone know where to get at master documents for this from SAP?

2. As a standalone system it needs it's own SID and instance number. Any clever ideas on how to relate it to the linked system? I wondered if I should just install with the same SID but a different instance number? Either that or (ii) change the suffix letter, or (iii) use entirely letters that indicate it's usage (like SGW for Standalone GateWay)..... anyone else got some good logical methods for such setups?    OR can we safely just install the gateway as the same SID with a different instance number... that may be the ideal

Thanks community

Jamie AKA doonan79

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

j_drogi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Jamie,

you may find latest installation guide for Standalone Gateway under:

http://service.sap.com/instguides ->  SAP Netweaver 7.4 -> Installation -> 3 Standalone engines -> Installation: Gateway for SAP NetWeaver 7.1 or Higher

Former Member
0 Kudos

And another interesting point to just myself so far --- you can setup the ASCS to include a Gateway - who knew! - 1010990 - Configuring a Standalone Gateway in an HA ASCS instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

3. What are minimum file systems required for a standalone gateway? (Linux)

/sapmnt/<SID>

and

/usr/sap/<SID>

obviously - I'm not even clear yet if this needs a database but I will confirm