Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up CATS with Clock Times in Abap Webdynpro

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am on ECC 6.0 and EhP 7.

Trying to implement CATS on the new ABAP Webdynpro Framework.

I have set up Data Entry Profiles to Record Working time with Clock Times.

In CAT2 transaction, I can see that my configuration is reflecting correctly.

However, in Webdynpro screen on Portal, only the hours field is visible. If I click on "Detail View" start time and end time are visible but not editable.

I seem to be missing something  basic here, How do I make the start times and end times appear on the ABAP webdynpro CATS screen on portal?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

check the CVR parameter for the user in Su3 it has correct Cats profile assigned and check below http://scn.sap.com/thread/2131685 The application configuration HRESS_AC_CATS_1 is provided by default and allows you to provide default values for the application parameters. It also allows you to specify the layout and appearance of the application. The following application parameters are provided: •HIDE_CLOCK_TIMES_IN_WEEKLY Hides the clock times in the weekly view. •MULTIPLE_PROFILE Enables the selection of multiple data entry profiles from the dropdown list. Please check the above parameter is not set , otherwise it wont be shown

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Siddharth, It has taken a good 8 hours to locate the place where this configuration is provided.

Now, please see the attached screenshot, I have arrived here via SE80

I right click on HRESS_A_CATS_1 and go to "Create/Change Configuration" - Is this correct?

When I do go there, I can see all the parameters, but it asks me for an Access Key to change anything? Is this how it is supposed to work?

We have been configuring ESS/MSS under the previous HpF framework for years, and every thing has always been possible via configuration by Functional Consultant without Access Key and/or Developer key. Have things changed drastically in the new ABAP Webdynpro framework?

Has SAP published any documentation on how to go about these things?

Can you please advise?

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Can you please shed further light on my response above? Any help will be appreciated. Is modifying the standard with an access key the only way to make this work?

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please provide two additional piece of information?

1) Have successfully enabled clock times, and have further enabled 3 additional columns, as required by the customer, and now the time sheet looks like this. In CAC1, the column length is set as 10, but seems to have no impact on how the WDA screen looks on portal. Is there anyway, where I can increase the field length and enable scroll bars, so that the column descriptions and entries can be seen in full.

2) I am using CATS to enter Overtime only, and not all working times. I have set up the Data Entry profole in CAC1, to not issue any messages in case target hours are exceeded or not exceeded. It works ok in CAT2, however, in Portal, the messages continue to come up " Hours recorded exceed Target hours by x." Is there a separate setting to disable these messages in Portal Webdynpro?

Thanks and Regards

Harish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

can you pls make sure the tables PTIMEOV1 and PTIMEOV2 are filled simultaneously ?

Regards,

Veda Moorthy Rajan

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where do I find these tables, and how do I make sure that they are filled simultaneously?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

You can Check CAC1 and CAC2 Tcodes whether you can set there.

Regards,

Mohsin.