cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Impact Diagram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SSM Experts!!

I need to understand the performance of the KPI, when you connect an initiative to a KPI.

How does the initiative and its milestones affects the KPI performance.

I have read the Whats new 10 version, and it says

"The new Impact Diagram shows how an initiative impacts the performance of

a KPI by showing the performance of a KPI over the initiative's time period. It

shows a Gantt chart of the initiative and its milestones and submilestones so

that you can see the timeline visually. By looking at milestones over time, you

can see if they are impacting the performance of KPIs."

But I cant find the way of how does the initiative impacts the KPI Goal. Does the initiative

change the values of the KPI?

Thanks a lot!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182649
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ingrid,

The idea is that you wish to improve the performance of your Objective and so put an initiative in place. As a result of the activity in the Initiative, the performance of the KPI improves which in turn will improve the status of the Objective. It is the effect/impact of the Initiative that is moving the dial on the KPI not the Initiative itself ie correlation not direct causation.

The beauty of the Impact diagram is that you can see the activity within the Initiative and also see if the performance of the KPI improves in the same screen. Also really useful, where you have Initiatives with dates planned into the future and have entered your forward targets, then these Targets show up on the Impact diagram so can see where you are looking to get to without having to change the As at date on the scorecard/KPI.

Regards

Colin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin

thanks for answering,

I have another question, I am trying to set the initiative status, but when I check the KPI connected to the initiative, it doesn´t take the status.

Thanks!!!

former_member182649
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ingrid,

Go into the Edit Initiative dialogue and then under Measurement choose the Measure Initiative on Scorecard option and select the KPI you want to use as the Status. Click Ok to Save and that should do it!

You may need to run the Scheduler to push it through.

Regards

Colin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

what do you mean with run the Sceduler?

Thanks!!

former_member182649
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ingrid

In the Administration section you have a tab that is called Scheduler where you can schedule certain activities.

One of these is Calculate Scorecard Objects which refreshes the status of the tables that populate the status indicators that appear on the strategy map. As Initiatives status which is linked to KPIs also run on the basis of these tables sometimes it can help to give this a 'kick'.

Regards

Colin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

I did run the Scheduler and the initiative still doesn´t take the the KPI value.

Regards Ingrid.

former_member182649
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ingrid

To eliminate possible talking at cross-purposes!

What do you mean by status?

If you mean whether the Budget and Schedule are red, yellow or green then this is not set by the KPI which you have associated with the Initiatve.

These are set based on the dates you have set in the milestones and whether those milestones have been completed in the allocated period or in the case of Budget whether the Actual amount you have spent is greater than the Budget value you have set.

Regards

Colin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Colin, thank you, it is clear for me now.

Answers (0)