cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Master data load via BW DTP & Transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Since I am facing issue loading Hierarchy from BW -> BPC via BPC Package and since I need to load hierarchy for our reports developments, I was trying to load BPC Account dimension from 0gl_account via BW DTP and Transformation way.

The package run successful but I can not see the Master data in BPC Account Dimension..

Does this work ?

Thanks for your help!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, this is not going to work.

BPC stores Master data in BW InfoObjects AND /1CPMB/ tables. BW load is not going to fill that table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gersh

Thanks for the info..

Can you please provide more info for better understanding..

1)How to check in BI the data stored of BPC dimension

2)Why DTP does not fill that table..

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BPC and BW are two related, but different products.

DTP is a BW tool; it doesn't have a clue about BPC tables and can be used even if BPC is not installed.

BPC stores most of the data in BW objects. Usually those 2 objects should be in sync. There are programs to populate one from another if they go out of sync. In case of MD, that additional table stores intermediate states of your records: which record is deleted, which modified and which is new. In BW InfoObject you don't need that info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gersh!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

It would not work.You have to use BPC master data and hierarchy load package to do this.

former_member182766
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, unless you write a specific routine, you won't be able to load hierarchy text nodes as the members to Account dimension on BW level in any case.

And I reckon you won't be able to see any loading results in BPC anyway, until you run UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE program.

I still would suggest you do all the screenshots of your BW->BPC loading process in the previous post and let us suggest solutions, because you might be missing something, without realising it.

In previous post you were using the "How to" from SCN. Just check your loads again using the classic document from Jeffrey Holdeman.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c02d0b47-3e54-2d10-0eb7-d722b633b...

former_member182766
Contributor
0 Kudos

P.S. During your BW->BPC loads have you checked that 0GL_ACCOUNT is fully activated and that hierarchy is active (re-activate if needed)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this way during & during refresh i got exception..i fixed the issue using BPC DM package..& update that thread..thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestion ?