Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery From Projects

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I was making delivery from projects (CNS0) .While saving the data I got following error: (Message no VL383)

Please tell me which SD configuration should be there in place to remove this error.

Note: LIPS table contains no data till date.

Regards

Saurabh

Discussion locked.

Reason: Basic and too much of spoon-feeding. SCN is neither a Help-center nor a training center.

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh,

Delivery Item category determined based on the

delivery type + Item category group(system pick the item category group from Material Master, Sales org. 2 View , Item category group field.) + Usage + Higher level item category .

With help of SD Consultant , Please configure.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I did the same but still the error exist. Let me know if you want screen shots of any configuration or transaction data.

Regards

Saurabh

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what is the value in field "Item category group" (MVKE-MTPOS) in the material master data of the material you are trying to deliver? You should enter that value in the customizing table for the item category determination.

Best regards,

Andrea

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  Saurabh,

Can you please put the screen shot of Component ( material) added in the Project definition ?

and also check in Material master what is the item category group under Sales: org view 2

thanks

santosh    

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see:

Thanks.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Please check the attachment:

Material item category group Sales org view 2 and config screen is attached in the post above.

Thanks

Saurabh

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the "Item category Group" you are showing is the general one (MARA-MTPOS) at not the specific one (MVKE-MTPOS): they can have different values, and the second one is relevant for item category determination.

Best regards,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

May be you can check the Item Category Assignment to your Delivery type in the below SPRO path:

IMG --> Logistics Execution --> Shipping ---> Deliveries --> Define Item Category Determination in deliveries

Regards

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I reached to customizing path already after going through other discussions in the forum but I don't know how to configure this:

Could you please tell me which values I should fill in the corresponding fields for ,Del. ty
pe, ItCG,Usage, ItemCtg... etc.

Regards

Saurabh

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Delivery Type in standard is LP

Item category group  is NORM

and item category is DLP

try to find this option from Position button and copy it with your delivery document types

thanks

santosh

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

You can do this in 0184 t.code (yes, it is a t.code) to do this customising in short.

But

This is a pure SD configuration and one should be proficient in SD to do this set up.

Generally you should know what is the delivery document type you will be using for a delivery from project.

Then, you should know the item category which should come in delivery (which controls lot of delivery related functionalities and Order related functionalities in pure SD)

Based on this information you can map the delivery type and Item category group to the item category you want in the delivery document. The item category group in turn is maintained in the material master data either in basic view or in sales org/dist.channel view2.

I suggest you to do this configuration with the help of an SD consultant. You may not be using LP as the project based delivery document in your system. Hence an SD consultant's help is needed.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh for your reply.

I found those entries in the system available already (LP,NORM,DLP). Now, I did CNS0 delivery and got the same error .

Where do I need to copy it in delivery document types? Any other config. path is there for it ?

Regards

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Navaneetha,

Yes, I am agree that I should discuss with SD guy for it but we dont have SD implemented here and I was checking a test scenario to deliver goods from projects.

Also agree with your other points. Actually, with sap help documents I was moving step by step and got stuck to this point even after knowing DelType LP and ItemCategy DLP. So I came here.

PS:When all experts are here and you being expert in both SD-PS then I believe this is the best place to discuss it here and it becomes more prudent when we don't have SD resources available in person with us.And if I know why would I ask and if I don't ask how would I learn

Thanks for your help Navaneetha.

With Regards

Saurabh