cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accumu. depr. and current year dep

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have one asset 1000192 around APC: 35000 USD, acquire in previous year 2012.9.1, accumulated depreciation is around 5700 USD, current year depreciation is 390 USD, we create a new asset 1000193 by refernece this asset, then use ABSO to post APC and accumlated depreciation, after I click "display document", I enter around 5700 USD in ord. dep field (cumulat.) then around 390 USD in "current year" field. after I post, system post 5700+390 to value adjustment field in asset explorer.

is there any way that we can migrate 5700 and 390 separately to accumlated depreciation and current year depreciation in asset explorer instead of " value adjustment"?

also is able to set asset 1000193 acquisition date to be previous year 2012.9.1 instead of current date 2014.7.3 as value date?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205661
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What transaction are you performing in ABSO exactly?  What is the transaction type you use?

If you do a transfer, then the system will always post a value adjustment for already posted depreciation depending on your period control for retirement/transfer in your depreciation key.

Maybe you want to check also the setting in the transaction type regarding taking over the depr.start date: see the F1 Help on Indicator: "Transfer adopting dep. start date" in e.g. AO76.

As far as I know from testing in the system, the behaviour for choosing a value date before the posting date is that in ABSO you get an error "Enter asset value date in the same year as posting date ........".

Regards,

Brigitte

Answers (0)