Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset the military usage value in GTS Business partner

prashant75
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Does anyone know how to reset the Military usage value='2' to blank on the Business partner within GTS?

I tried putting a blank there, clicking on the accept entries button followed by  saving the Business partner.

It does not seem to work this way.

Does anyone know if it's SAP bug for not having blank as one of the allowable values for the usage except when it's that way while newly created?

The GTS implementation details are as follows:

Any help with regard to this will be much appreciated......

Thanks,

Prashant.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Blank is not a valid option for domain /SAPSLL/MCUSE, so you must choose values 1, 2 or 3.  That's not a bug.  The fact that the record is created with <blank> could be considered a bug, but it is useful to be able to identify when nothing has been transferred from the feeder system.

Regards,

Dave

prashant75
Participant
0 Kudos

Dave,

Thanks for your response on this.

I wanted to change the usage from Military = "2" to blank which is how it was before I assigned the value.

Coming to your comment on the feeder system synching, I tried doing it from ECC but looks like the usage fields in GTS don't get updated when the same is changed and transferred from ECC.

Please let me know how you handled assigning and changing usage if you have done it in your experience?

Regards,

Prashant.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prashant,

As I already informed you, it is not possible to re-set the indicator to <blank>.

From the program code, I can see that the usage indicator is only transferred from the feeder system during the creation of a customer partner.  The value in GTS is set either to '1' or '2' during creation, and cannot be changed by any subsequent data transfer from the feeder system.

I think that logic is related to the fact that usage records may be created for multiple Legal Regulations, and those records may then be changed individually by the user in GTS.  On that basis, it would not be reasonable to over-write the values by re-transferring the customer from the feeder system.

Regards,

Dave

prashant75
Participant
0 Kudos

Dave,

Does it mean there is no way to revert if somebody marked the usage incorrectly?

Thanks,

Prashant.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prashant,

To re-iterate from my previous answer: the value in GTS is set either to '1' or '2' during creation, and cannot be changed by any subsequent data transfer from the feeder system.

To revert an incorrect setting, make the same change manually in both the feeder system and in GTS.

I hope that is clear now, and that your question is answered.

Regards,

Dave

prashant75
Participant
0 Kudos

Dave,

I get everything you said but there isn't a way to manually revert the change to blank in GTS b/c it does not accept anything other than 1, 2 or 3 as you also mentioned in your emails.

In other words there is way to set from blank to (1,2,3) but not the opposite which is a problem I am having.

Thanks,

Prashant.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, yes, yes, yes!  That is what I have been telling you - there is no way to re-set to <blank>.  Sorry if that's not the answer you want.  A developer could write a program to clear the value, if that was absolutely necessary.

Regards,

Dave

prashant75
Participant
0 Kudos

Got it Dave. Thanks for your response.