Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in publication of Crystal Report on BO CMC

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a Crystal Report which needs to be bursted in order to create multiple pdf files based on Account Number field used in report.

For this, we have created a source report which contain all the fields required having Account Number.

The report has multiple groups (including one on Account Number itself) and we have created another report (say dynamic) which contains the same logic used in source report but it displays only the Account Number field in report without having any groups.

So, when we tried to create a publication on Business Objects Central Management Console (BO CMC) using these source and dynamic reports, everything goes well until Personalization where in we are suppose to configure the Filters using Source Report field and Dynamic Recipient Mapping.

Here, we are not getting the Account Number field (which is available in both Source and Dynamic reports) to be selected for adding filter.

Actually, we are not getting fields from a particular Command Object itself when we try to add filter from "Report Field" dropdown.

We are not sure whether this is due to the groups used at Source report or something else.

Could someone tell me whether anyone has undergone this kind of issue and found any solution.

Environments details:

Crystal Report version: CR XI R2

Thanks in advance.

-Raghavendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Couple of updates based on my trial and error method on this:

1. I could see the Report Field dropdown with database fields from Command Object when I removed all groups, sub Reports (forgot to mention on this) and all parameters except Account Number parameter (I have about 5 other parameters including a date range).

2. When I re-add date range parameter (keeping Account Number parameter as it is), the Report Fields dropdown under Personalization link isn't showing the fields from Command Object.

3. When I add any other parameters except Data Range parameters, I can see the Report Fields dropdown with Command Object fields.

So, I think there is something to do with date range parameters when we use the report for publication.

Did anyone face this issue?

Thanks,

Raghavendra

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We resolved this with installation of Crystal Reports 2011 client (We were using Crystal Reports XI R2 client earlier and BO CMC with version 2011).

Thanks,

Raghavendra

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to BI Platform for faster response

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy.

-Raghavendra