Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL task tabs are not showing items by default

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to show the no of items by default on launching the UWL task.

In standard UWL , On clicking of the tab, the no of items will display.

now I modified, the property keepItemCountUpdated to Yes in the uwl.standard file  and uploaded.

Now on launching the uwl , it is not showing the no of items, but on clicking any one of the tab, I am getting all the no of items in all the tabs.

Can you please let me know , how to display the no of items immediatly on launching the UWL iview without clicking any one of the tabs like tasks/notifications/track/alerts.

Regards,

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

First time when I click UWL, the count is not dusplaying on the tabs. But second time , when I click on the UWL , the count is displaying on the tabs.

Can you please let me know what could be the reason. How can I get the count on the UWL tabs directly on first time opening the UWL

Thank you,

Raghu

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the forums.

Based upon the scenario that you have described regarding the changes you mentioned making after doing so did you:

• Re-upload the XML File with a priority of "High"?
  • Clear the UWL Cache & Restart the UWL Service?

Now reverting back to the scenario you mentioned you need to click the tabs and then (second time around) the number is displayed.

Therefore I would recommend reviewing the following documentation:

(UWL)The number of tasks is not displayed unless the tab is clicked upon

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/(UWL)The+number+of+tasks+is+not+displayed+unless+the+ta...

Kindly review the documentation outlined above and update me as per your findings.

Now you mentioned already making the required changes to the property of "keepItemCountUpdated".

Kindly ensure the configurations are maintained as required.

Kind Regards & All The Best

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer.

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cronin,

Thank you for your reply.

I set the UWL iview property 'wait duration for UI refresh while waiting for update' to 1 second.

After this when I click on  UWL page, it is initally showing 'waiting for update icon' and after 1 second it is diusplaying the counts on the UWL tabs.  It is fine. But it getting some delay in displaying the counts.

Is there any other way to avoid the waiting period.

Thank you,

Raghu'

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu

Many thanks for the response and update and it is no problem at all I am happt to help out.

Ok in relation to your query "is there any other way to avoid the waiting period?".

With regards to these "Parameter" settings you need to be mindful here and keep a few things in mind. At present you mentioned setting the 'wait duration for UI refresh while waiting for update' to 1 second.

From the perspective of the UWL there are two points relative to this scenario that we are interested in.

1. Wait Duration Before Calling Providers on Loading of UWL
  2. Wait duration for UI refresh while waiting for update

Note that if you set one of the properties to 0, less than 0 or empty value then you will disable this feature and the UI will not be refreshed automatically.

Your current setting of "1" second is the best possible.

You will always see the waiting for update message, this is a way for the end user to know that the workitems are being updated and thus standard behaviour in terms of functionality of the the UWL.

Development recommend thesse parameters be set to 5 or 10 seconds.  Sometimes when you set this to null or 0 then the UWL waiting for update disappears.

The default value for the wait duration  for UI refresh is 20 seconds.  This means that the message will appear on the UI for 20 seconds.

This is the best and to put it simply the most optimal performance setup for your current scenario. This varies amongst different setups and different business environments.

I hope the information outlined above sheds some light on your query and provides you with the clarification required.

P.S. If you have anymore questions please do not hesitate to ask me .

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cronin,

Thank you for the detailed information. That was very useful.

Regards,

Raghu

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

Many thanks for the response and update and it is no problem at all I was very happy to help out.

In relation to the issue and for future reference be sure to keep an eye out on these forums for new discussions and topic postings as they may prove to be a very beneficial source of reference in the future.

Another recommendation is to also keep tabs on the SAP Service Marketplace (SMP) for newly released Patches & SP's which often provide fixes for easily avoidable issues.

I'm glad that you managed to get the clarification required from this forum and I wish you all the best in the future.

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer.

Answers (0)