cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heterogeneous system copy Failed with error code 103.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Heterogeneous system copy  from AIX Oracle to Windows MSSQL ended with error code 103.

NW: 702

Kernel 720_REL 114

export_monitor.log and SAPAPPL1.log  displays ,

OS error message: No space left on device.

Export Data used almost 210GB left in the device.

Total size of db is around 500 GB and I was expecting the export to be around 50-60 GB

There has been 155 file each with 1 GB created for SAPAPPL1.001 ,

SAPAPPL1.002

SAPAPPL1.003....  SAPAPPL1.155

Did I missed anything while starting the export or this is usual for Heterogeneous migration  ?

Please help .

Regards,

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Unnikrishnan,

So far I have done only done the Export.

I have followed the System Copy Guide based on the Application Server ABAP of SAP Netweaver on Unix , Using the Software Provisioning Manager 1.0.

Please make sure you have enough space in the Disk where you are copying the Export. It took 220GB for me.

Might come up with error ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace PSAPTEMP. Make sure PSAPTEMP has atleast 40GB.

I would prefer to continue with Unsorted Unload. Because when I tried with Sorted it was ending with error. By Default it will be selected if its AIX platform.  Please refer NOTE 954268

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr.Raghu,

Will update the status in  once i got into the job.

Best Regards,

Unni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was getting error while continueing with the export .

ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace PSAPTEMP.

Increased the TEMP space and continued . And it worked .

But its same . It took around 17 hours and space is 217GB.

Thanks you all for supporting.

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr.Raghu,

Will you mind sharing your Heterogeneous System Import/Export experience basically the challenges a little bit either in this forum.I also planning & preparing the to execute activity in this week

I will be highly obliged for your feedback.

With Regards,

Unnikrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

I just tried with DDL statement and it created a SQL file . You were mentioning about if its not BW system it will not generate any file . I just gone through the Guide , it was not clear though . and it generated SQL file with only 1KB .

Export is still running and its around 60GB so far. still got 4 more to complete.

I was not able to update R3 files this time . If this export fails or any issue , surely I will try with that option too.

Thanks

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Check the content of the file, there might only be comments in it

If you're at 60Gb it might be smaller than the original 210Gb export... but that is not related to SMIGR_CREATE_DDL..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, You are correct. Only comment in it.

Anyways I will continue with the export and will let know the outcome.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Yes , I am planning to update the R3* files and continue with the export again . I will update once it is finished.

Regards

Raghu

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your true the export size is unusually big but this might be because of the 'endianess' change that comes with the move from Aix to Intel platform.

552464 - What is Big Endian / Little Endian? What Endian do I have?

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

But 'endianess' is automatically taken as Big-Endian as it is AIX platform .

I have provided some more space in the device and the export has completed successfully now . and the total export size is 217 GB. 

Is that normal?

Regards,

Raghu

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was just wondering if the endianess change could have an impact on the export format / size ...

The export size ratio is in fact not common. I've just exported an Oracle DB on Aix and the export size is a little bit bigger that a quarter of the DB size (34Gb for a 122 Gb DB)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your support .

Well , the only thing I have missed it running the DDL script.  Not sure if that made this difference. Anyways I am going to give another try with generating DLL statement.

I will update the status if it is coming up with similar size or any changes to the export.

Thanks

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The DDL script (SMIGR_CREATE_DDL) should not change anything to export size.

If you are not on a BW system it should not generate any file.

771209 - NetWeaver 04: System copy (supplementary note)

Start the SMIGR_CREATE_DDL program before you export the data from the source system. This program allows you to copy database objects that do not correspond to SAP standards. These objects include partitioned (fragmented) tables and bitmap indexes.

Regards

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Little mistake my export size => 13 Gb export for a 122 Gb DB...

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

The SMIGR_CREATE_DDL has nothing to do with the database export size.

You should consider updating the R3* files before doing export and see if that makes some difference.

Regards

RB