Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity check during Planned order to production order conversion

sandeep_kumar64
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a strange situation during capacity check.

While Converting the planned order to Production order, I release the order and I don't get any warning. All work centers are available

But for the same material/quantity/dates, if I create the Production order manually, release it, system check the capacity and I got the message the Capacity Over loaded (which is correct also as there are overload on the work centers).

My question is why I am not getting this message while converting the planned order to production order.

There are overload on the work centers and manual creation of Production order is working fine, but problem is during planned order to production order conversion.

For information, I have maintained Finite scheduling indicator in OPKP, capacity availability indicator "NO CHECK" is also blank in OPJK.

It will be grateful if you can please help me here.

Thanks in advance,

Sandeep Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sandeep_kumar64
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Thank you for your feedback.

Yes, it is the same order type.

BR

Sandeep Kumar

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

If your issue is during planned order to production order conversion capacity check is not working then check below parameters.

1.Check whether all planned orders have been created with Lead time sheduling in MD01/MD02.

2.Check OPU5 for capacity checks.

3.In OPPQ in conversion for planned order to production order conversion you have correct order type in place.

Br

KK

sandeep_kumar64
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have checked all these settings but still no success.

I am surprised but it is not a customizing issue I believe, because capacity is checked in Dev client while converting planned order to production order. I am facing this issue only in Staging client.

Master Data is same. In CM01, in Quality(Staging) client, it is showing overload. while creating production order, it shows overload but only when convert from planned order to production order, it does not show overload .

Please suggest what else I need to check.

thanks in advance.

Br,

Sandeep Kumar

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Can you please share the snap shot of Planned order scheduling tab which you are converting to production order?

Br

KK

sandeep_kumar64
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

these are the attached screen shots of planned order 

Best regards,

Sandeep Kumar

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Did you check the settings for OPJK for business function 1 whether no check in capacity availability is enabled so that it is not checking any capacities?

Also double check capacities overloads in CM07 not in CM01 as production orders capacities check basic load on WCs.

Check SAP note 159337 - Capacity Check: Basic Load for more information.

Br

KK

sandeep_kumar64
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

I have maintained both business function in OPJK as capacity checked.

the strange thing is that I got this problem only during conversion of planned order, not while creating the production order.

I have checked the Note mentioned by you.

I believe it is not relevant as my problem is capacity check during conversion.

Thanks for your efforts and time.

Best regards,

Sandeep Kumar

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

Are you sure that you are using the same order type during conversion and manual conversion?

BR

Caetano