cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component withdrawn qty with partial confirmations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I have some finished products which have BOM with a base quantity of 200 PC, and one component of this BOM has a component quantity of 1 PC.

Means every 200 PC produced, 1 PC of this component has to be consumed.

This component is backflushed.

For my production orders, the confirmations are done on a regular time bases and then one production order used to be confirmed with several partial confirmations.

I have the following issue:

- if I do make a partial confirmation of a quantity up or equal than 100 PC (50% of 200): one good movement for my component with a qty of 1 PC is done

- if the qty of the partial confirmation is less than 100 PC, no goods movement is done for my component!

And if my production order is only confirmed with quantities less than 100 PC, this component is never consumed!

I did not found where could be the settings behind (should be somewhere because this is exactly >= 50% of the confirmed quantity which run a goods movement).

Could you please help me to solve this problem?

For me the system should calculate and sum the partial confirmations, and every time the aggregated qty is a 200 PC multiple, a goods issue should run for this component.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you looked for notes on consumption and backflush?  This sounds like it should have one.

Neal

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

This issue happens to the rounding of the component quantities. It happens because your component has no decimal places, therefore, the quantity is rounded to zero.

This scenario is explained on the following note:

359621 - Confirmation: Comm. rounding of unit of measure PC

As explained on the note, the component quantity will be rounded up or down to the nearest whole number during a confirmation.

This note also proposes a modification to change the component rounding during a confirmation that may be implemeneted on your system to change the system behavior.

You should implement the modification and test check the quantity for a new partial confirmation.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,

Thank you very much for your reply: the issue describes in this note seems to exactly correspond to my problem.

Then I will implement the note in test environment and check the new behavior proposed by the correction.

BR

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can control the quantitty of the backflushed material in BADI WORKORDER_GOODSMVT, method BACKFLUSH through development. You need to pass the backflush quantity on variable CT_COMPONENTS-ERFMG depending on the total quantity confirmed.

Regards.