Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding <!Doctype> at top of page in login page of portal

Amitjadhav90
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need guidance on how we can put <!doctype> tag on top of page ie before <HTML> tag.

I have a requirement to build custom logon screens which i have build but when i put it in sap , it opens in Quirks mode in IE9 .

I have seen that when i changed its mode to standard mode 9 then it looks perfect, also it works properly in Chrome and mozilla browsers,

I have refer some SCN links which says to create java api to add <!doctype> , if we can follow the same then let me know it step by step as i am not that good in java.

Kindly guide me ASAP .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Amitjadhav90
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

This is not supported currently. See my answer in and also the referred SAP-Note.

@Andrew: The question was about the login page, and this has not yet a portal desktop!

Anyhow, even if Dani Cohens explanation made sense at that point in time, meanwhile http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1713259 could be a good reason to change this. I would suggest to open an OSS message and ask for clarification, as with note 1713259 there is the possibility that also a HTML5 login page could be rendered successfully within a HTML5 portal.

It should be the responsibility of the customer (and this can be stretched in the note about the HTML5 support for the login page) that if he uses an HTML5 login page for the portal that in this case the portal itself should be completely HTML5, too, as otherwise a login page within the portal might lead to issues.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the portal desktop there is an included iview named Browser Document Mode.  It has a setting in its properties that determines the browser level for IE.  In the NW 7.40 I am working with, this setting is not the "standards" mode I expected and it is possible there is an iview that requires the lower level.  I suggest you experiment with the available values for that setting.  You may find you can set it to standards mode, or IE-edge, to get the latest possible compatibility settings.

Hope this helps

Andrew

Amitjadhav90
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Saar for your reply.

I have added <!doctype> tag in the logonpage.jsp in the logon war file .

Still it is opening in the Quirks mode.

I looked at the source code for that page where i found some code which is came by default and the <head> tag was closed in that code only.

Please suggest what other thing can be done ?

Regards,

Amit Jadhav

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The login page has a component which holds a JSP file for each logon page, you should be able to change that JSP file and add a doctype decleration.

BR,

Saar