Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy BPM to new SC and transport

shabbir_mohmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to copy existing NW-BPM process to new software component version and have to transport to higher environments.

And also suggest me to create directly on NWDI or create locally and deploy.

Could you please guide me on this requirement.

Regards,

SP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You just want the process flow to be exported or the whole BPM Project?

If it's only the process design, export your process to a BPMN2.0 file and later import it into your new BPM DC in your new SCA.

If it's the whole project you are talking about, try exporting the whole BPM Project to your hard disk(file system) and then later, create a new BPM DC in your new SCA and import the BPM Project from File system. (Single-Click on the BPM Project in the Project Explorer --> Go to 'File' and select 'Export'/'Import' and follow the instructions).

Coming to your 2nd query, creation of project locally or from NWDI depends on your work requirements. If it's only for practice, creating locally and deploying is okay. But if you are actually working on client requirements, suggest you create from NWDI.

shabbir_mohmad
Participant
0 Kudos

H Siddant,

Thanks for the Quick reply.

I am proceeding as per your suggestion.

As per your comments,

I have downloaded the total BPM project to local file.

While creating a new DC, it is asking for the existing SC to refer and I can only see my SC where all BPMs present.

Issue here is to avoid version log for BPMs, we want to create a new SC and add my existing bpm project to that.(we have to do some changes to BPM after we add that to new SC).

We thought to add bpm to new SC and do transport seperatley for that SC.

And when I try to create a new product itself to have new SC, and when I select my  Development Configuration as my PI server, it is saying the error as:

-----------

Selected Development Configuration does not contain an empty and writable product description SC

----------

Could you please put some light on this issue.

And please also share some info on BPM transportation.

and what exactly we transport is it SC ? DC ? or total product ???

Regards,

SP

shabbir_mohmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any idea on above requirement.

Regards,

SP.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

shabbir_mohmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Sorry for late reply.

Requirement is :

We want to add a new field for validation in correlation condition while using BPM. Our client suggested that in-order to avoid version history for BPMs, he wants us to copy existing bpm to new BPM and do the changes and transport.

Here my doubt is:

1. whether to create a new project for copying bpm or to create a new SC  (software component)

2. If new SC to be created, how can we copy existing bpm to new SC

3. What we actually transport during BPM developement? Is it the total project we transport or

only SC

4. What are the steps to be followed for BPM transport

Regards,

SP

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to keep your existing BPM SC as is, create a new track and make your changes in the new track.

Go to the NWDI Landscape configurator, select your track where your current BPM SC is and click "Save As" to create a new track.

Next, go to the Transport Studio and check in the required build plugins to build the SC.

Go to the assembly tab of the original track and click on "Forward from History" to forward the original BPM SC to the new track

Finally, go to the new track and import the forwarded SC.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

by creating new dc you can avoid version history????

no matter what you do , the old process instance still run with old process definition.

Can u please tell me your understanding regarding what can be achieved by creating new dc? forget about how to first.

shabbir_mohmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

After copying , we will do changes to the process and after everything is setup, plan was to delete the original existing BPM.

This was our thinking.

If this is wrong, could you please put us in the correct path to achieve the same.

Regards,

SP.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is what you do, but what you are expecting after this is done?

shabbir_mohmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

After new Bpm is created...that needs to be deployed nd testing ... If everything goes fine... need to transport that to higher environments like Quality nd prod

Regards,

SP

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am asking what you are trying to achieve by creating new dc, what's the problem if you change the existing one?

shabbir_mohmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

As already explained, client doesn't want version history...

But lets put myvrequirement aisde...

could u plsss..help me on :

1. How a existing bpm can be copied to a new bpm..

and the transportation of bpm can be done to higher environments...

Regards,

SP

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

shabbir_mohmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the reply.

I have less experience into NW-BPM, so not familiar  with this terms track, transport studio etc ..,

Could you please explain how can do these activities.

Regards,

SP

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

all those are NWDI term, nothing to do with bpm

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Your NWDI/BASIS admin will know how to perform these steps.

shabbir_mohmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhant,

Thanks for explaining to copy the existing BPM.

I have copied the existing project (entire project) to new DC under new SC, but it is giving duplicate error.

Please find the screen-shot below and help me.

Regards,

SP.

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After creating the new DC, delete the old one from the DTR.

shabbir_mohmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhant,

Thanks for reply.

is there any chance of keeping the old one as it is and copying bpm-project to new DC?

Regards,

SP

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you keep the old one on the same DI track, it will be duplicated in DTR as well. You cannot have 2 projects with the exact same name and exact same contents.

Can you paste the full error trace here of the Duplication error?

shabbir_mohmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sidhant,

Please find the below error from probelsm tab in NWDS:

Because of copying, existing original project is also showing duplicate error.

I have deleted the newly created DC but still original project is in same status.

I try to synch it again using diff workspace from the server, but that was giving the following error:

Could you pls check and suggest how can I revert the changes to my original project.

Regards,

SP

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to be honest, you are wasting time and make trouble for yourself

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SP,

Please paste the error log as well.

Is the current NWDS version same as the studio version in which BPM DC was created initially?

Do you have a SCA file of the original BPM project? If yes the try to create a new SC with same name and the copy the BPM source folder and then sync it.

Regards,

Nikhil

Answers (0)